Search results

1. N. Metz

Spinner Blades on Flies?

Anybody tie spinner blades into their flies? I'm thinking about adding spinner blades to some musky flies. Figure It'll grab their attention a bit better. The gear guys use big ass spinner blades; sometimes two of em. Thanks
  2. N. Metz

Hooks For Musky Flies

What hooks are people tying their musky flies on? I've seen Clarkaman's thread in the classifieds and see he is using Ahrex Aberdeen's and Ahrex TP610's. I typically use Gami B10S hooks in size 2/0 to 5/0. However, I have yet to tangle with a large musky on them. I have caught 5 or 6 small...
  3. N. Metz

Frameless Pontoon Boats?

Anyone have experience with frameless pontoon boats or float tubes designed with oars? I’m looking at the bucks bags roughneck or the outcast fish cat cruzer, both of which are basically large float tubes with oars. What are peoples experiences with these particular boats or boats of this...
  4. N. Metz

Barb vs. No Barb

In a world where no regulations on barbs were imposed (hypothetical world) would you fish barbed or barbless hooks? What goes into your thinking? If I can fish with a barb, I like to fish with one. I feel a little better knowing my fly is barbed when I hook a large fish (particularly fish that...
  5. N. Metz

Hook Model and Size for Salty Salmon

What model and size hook do people like to use for coho, pinks, and the occasional king if the fishing Gods bless you with one? I tend to like using the largest hook size I can get away with. I don't see any downside to having more hook. The more gap the better. Nick
  6. N. Metz

First Fly that you tied and Caught a Fish With

The first fly I ever tied and caught a fish with was a damsel imitation. Was fishing a lake up in BC. What was the first fly you tied and caught a fish with? What were you fishing for?
  7. N. Metz

Short Strikes, taps, etc. from Coho

On a non stinger fly I can see how they tap the fly / short strike the fly. However, how the hell do they do that on a fly with a stinger hook where the stinger hook is all the way at the tail end of the fly? Whenever I see a coho following my fly, they are always right behind the tail and...