What Are You Eating?

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
The Texas cheat, you can do it with foil too. I smoke on a weber kettle so variables can be wild and I usually end up with too high of temp and dry things out. I usually wrap the pork butt, brisket or ribs up the last hour or 2 and dump some Apple juice and a bit of apple cider vinegar in the pouch before I seal it up. This has saved, or improved many cooks.

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
The Texas cheat, you can do it with foil too. I smoke on a weber kettle so variables can be wild and I usually end up with too high of temp and dry things out. I usually wrap the pork butt, brisket or ribs up the last hour or 2 and dump some Apple juice and a bit of apple cider vinegar in the pouch before I seal it up. This has saved, or improved many cooks.
This is a good trick

Ceviche

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Sorry no pictures, but my last meal before joining my ship was at San Kai in Edmonds. Let’s just say that the Sakura masu sushi was the bomb! Yep, it was on the Fresh Sheet. Woot!

Edit:
For those not familiar with Sakura masu, it’s one of Japan’s native trout—the Cherry trout. I’ve never seen one live, let alone as sushi. But, boy, was it good!

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Southwest stew..
You can use stew beef instead of ground chuck, or even venison.

Do not drain any of the cans, dump it all in.

Serve over Doritos, regular tortilla chips or even corn bread works too.

Top with shredded cheese, add hot sauce if you want. Sour cream if you want but that's too much dairy for my taste.

Dutch oven at 350 or slow cooker on high for 5-5 1/2 hours to bring it together.

2 cans of tomatoes
2 cans of ranch style beans
2 cans of corn
1 Large can of hominy
1 small can of green chilies
1 pkg McCormics Taco mix
1 pkg hidden valley ranch dressing
2 Lbs hamburger meat

Brown meat, add pkg mixes, add canned ingredients and boil the piss out of them.

Pic to follow.

Attachments

• 20230204_192137.jpg
    20230204_192137.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: Zak

Ernie

If not this, then what?
Forum Supporter
As if December, I am trying to lose @ 25lbs. I have 10lbs more to go.
Eating this lunch 4 times a week.
Collard, mustard an turnip greens, kale. tomatoes seasoned with garlic and lemon juice, tofu with minced fresh ginger and light soy sauce.CD6D3C11-AF0D-4004-939F-A3DB0DDE7F76.jpeg

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
My wife makes this dish during the holidays. Some may have seen it before;
steamed clams with spicy sausage and tomatoes.

Offer crusty bread with this to soak up some of the juices.

Servings: Makes 6 (first-course) servings.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound hot Italian sausages, casings removed
1/2 cup chopped shallots
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 pounds littleneck clams (about 3 dozen), scrubbed
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Preparation
Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add sausages; sauté until almost cooked through, breaking up with fork, about 10 minutes. Add shallots, garlic and dried red pepper. Sauté until sausage is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Mix in tomatoes with juices, broth and vinegar. Add clams, cover and boil until clams open, about 8 minutes (discard any clams that do not open). Mix in basil.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
What time to you eat dinner? I could make it over there most any day of the week.
Well most of the week it is late, as we both work...I assume you still remember work ?
But Saturday is 5-6 pm, for the most part.
Saturday is date night, so that is what you see.
The rest of the week, not so post worthy...
🤣 🤣:ROFLMAO:

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
Sorry no pictures, but my last meal before joining my ship was at San Kai in Edmonds. Let’s just say that the Sakura masu sushi was the bomb! Yep, it was on the Fresh Sheet. Woot!

Edit:
For those not familiar with Sakura masu, it’s one of Japan’s native trout—the Cherry trout. I’ve never seen one live, let alone as sushi. But, boy, was it good!
Is it a salt water trout?