What's in your vise?

Jack Devlin

Life of the Party
Thanks for posting this pattern @Jack Devlin and your perspective on fishing it. I took a stab at a knock off and look forward to trying it out.View attachment 48459
That's a nice one. Yeah, a simple pattern - four Partridge feathers and some dubbing. I recall that the original pattern uses sort of a tan/pearl dubbing. I found that Ice Dub Hares Ear works great for me. I sometimes vary the dubbing colour - pink, olive, orange. I like size 8 hook.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Thanks for posting this pattern @Jack Devlin and your perspective on fishing it. I took a stab at a knock off and look forward to trying it out.View attachment 48459
That's a nice one. Yeah, a simple pattern - four Partridge feathers and some dubbing. I recall that the original pattern uses sort of a tan/pearl dubbing. I found that Ice Dub Hares Ear works great for me. I sometimes vary the dubbing colour - pink, olive, orange. I like size 8 hook.
To me this fly ticks all the right boxes. Really nice guys. I'll copy a few too when this first week of school mayhem slows down.

Otter

Steelhead
Very nice fly. Since cutthroat like yellow, have you tried it with a yellow body?

Flytyer

Smolt
Generic Caddis

52602656079_895958e47d_c.jpg

52601904357_166d21cf6b_c.jpg

52602823010_cb2265b1f5_c.jpg

52602395006_eee0393d78_c.jpg

Nothing in particular. Could be an emerger, egg-layer or cripple, I guess; you’d need a bead, non-tox underbody or split shot to get it down. Change color/size to suit your needs.

hook - WFC Model 11 #12
thread - Uni 8/0 camel
tag - Krystal Flash root beer/resin
rib - Krystal Flash root beer (doubled/twisted)
body - Ice Dub hare’s ear
wing - Congo Hair shiner tan
shoulder - sharptail grouse
head - grey squirrel (loop dubbed)

Regards,
Scott
Scott,
You are the master !
Please show us how U tied this Masterpiece
Thank You Brother !

Norm Frechette

Googlemeister