A monthly themed "contest"

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Since this slapped-together one was so successful last week on stillwater trout
20221102_123154.jpg
20221101_163133.jpg I just tied up some variants to try
20221105_160902.jpg
This is unweighted, fished on sinking or intermediate. The technique that worked best was trolling with twitches, or casting & stripping. Gave it a couple short, fast strips after the initial bump, which usually got it bumped harder, then a strip and slacked, whereupon it usually got eaten hard.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Since this slapped-together one was so successful last week on stillwater trout
View attachment 39975
View attachment 39974 I just tied up some variants to try
View attachment 39976
This is unweighted, fished on sinking or intermediate. The technique that worked best was trolling with twitches, or casting & stripping. Gave it a couple short, fast strips after the initial bump, which usually got it bumped harder, then a strip and slacked, whereupon it usually got eaten hard.
Mostly rabbit or?? I had multiple takes several times day before yesterday fishing a simiseal leech (intermediate line). I did manage to hook a couple of the fish that (I think) hit the fly a couple of times; they were smaller fish.... An exception to that has been Lahontans at Lenore. I like your technique of a strip and then slack.......for me, that's hard to do. I just want to keep stripping in.

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
Mostly rabbit or?? I had multiple takes several times day before yesterday fishing a simiseal leech (intermediate line). I did manage to hook a couple of the fish that (I think) hit the fly a couple of times; they were smaller fish.... An exception to that has been Lahontans at Lenore. I like your technique of a strip and then slack.......for me, that's hard to do. I just want to keep stripping in.
Yep - bunny strip as the main component. They liked the pink & lavendar, so I figured they were nasty cannibals and added the olive.
I tried continued stripping, but they wouldn't chase it far. The fly made a funny little kick to the side when slacked that must look tasty!