What's in your vise?

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
Agreed. It was a terrible experience lol. Thread slippage over and over, just to have what was a healthy clump of hair turn to a toothpick.
I like the concept of all natural items, but for parachutes think I'll stick with synthetic also.
Figured the white dots from guinea would sort of mimic the grizzled nature of the hackle. Think it did to a degree.
Synthetic parachute post works well. I also really like using elk hair for posts. I find it easy to work with, looks great, floats great and the fish like it too.

CanoeGuy

Steelhead
I glued the whole strip before attaching it to the hook shank. Start at the tail end and work my way up, a small dab of thick uv at a time.
sorry, i meant after you glued them together, how did you attach it to the hook. I don't see any tie ins near the bend of the hook yet the braid looks attached the entire length of the shank

Kfish

Flyologist
Forum Supporter
sorry, i meant after you glued them together, how did you attach it to the hook. I don't see any tie ins near the bend of the hook yet the braid looks attached the entire length of the shank
I threaded the tubing onto the shank, like threading an earthworm on :)

New additions to the modernized fly line-up

Royal Wulff tied with wings made from a 4k movie wrapper called "The Royal Zomby Woof"

Midge emerger using UV Black ice dubbing called "Rocky's Racoon Revival"

and last, but not least, for all you guitar fans, a dry fly with a synthetic wing saddled with the moniker "the Ballad of John Henry'sville Caddis."

Reactions: Zak

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
New additions to the modernized fly line-up

Royal Wulff tied with wings made from a 4k movie wrapper called "The Royal Zomby Woof"

Midge emerger using UV Black ice dubbing called "Rocky's Racoon Revival"

and last, but not least, for all you guitar fans, a dry fly with a synthetic wing saddled with the moniker "the Ballad of John Henry'sville Caddis."
Joe Bonamassa reference…

Are there pics of these flies?