NFR NFL 2023 Season

Non-fishing related

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I think contact had already initiated at this point, and his foot isn't down yet
I think otherwise.

Pass Interference. One of those subjective calls that should be eliminated. If you want to catch the ball, get open. If you want to have your receiver catch the ball, throw it in front of him. None of this streak down the side and I'll throw it short so you can get the call. If they outlaw the tush-push then they should consider short throws uncatchable and not throw a flag because the receiver slams on the brakes. Why is spiking the ball to stop the clock not intentional grounding?

Lots of things could be changed but won't be until the money stops rolling in.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I think otherwise.

Pass Interference. One of those subjective calls that should be eliminated. If you want to catch the ball, get open. If you want to have your receiver catch the ball, throw it in front of him. None of this streak down the side and I'll throw it short so you can get the call. If they outlaw the tush-push then they should consider short throws uncatchable and not throw a flag because the receiver slams on the brakes. Why is spiking the ball to stop the clock not intentional grounding?

Lots of things could be changed but won't be until the money stops rolling in.
I agree with a lot of that, especially the short passes. I think that one's coming, but we'll see. There still needs to be some level of pass interference, though... Otherwise, they can just tackle receivers every snap and get rid of the ability to pass altogether.

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman
20231204_081513.jpg
I hate to root against the local, but Pete's pain could help the LA RAMS pull off a magical run.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Exactly. Outside of my reffing gripes, I try to focus on the players and what makes them special. More fun than gloating and shit talk for me.
Hey man, I WANT the Seahawks to be good. Footballs more fun when games are more fun.

BriGuy

Life of the Party
It's because he has to root for Brock Purdy ;)
Nothing worse than that.

and this for the incoming whataboutisms

They ought to send that bum to tne Seahawks. Oh, and those Debo and McCaffrey slackers, too. That'll teach everyone. 🤣

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
the 'tush push', aka 'the maul' in rugby from which it has been adapted, is apparently in the crosshairs of the commish to make illegal. thoughts?