What's Catching You Fish?

Zak

Legend
Size 16 Culton Drowned Ant dropped 20" behind a weighted size 14 hares ear, under a float, got me two solid 18" rainbows in the Spokane River in Spokane Valley this morning. Barbless hooks+no net+3wt = no pictures. Sure was a nice break during a work trip!

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
Size 16 Culton Drowned Ant dropped 20" behind a weighted size 14 hares ear, under a float, got me two solid 18" rainbows in the Spokane River in Spokane Valley this morning. Barbless hooks+no net+3wt = no pictures. Sure was a nice break during a work trip!
How's the smoke out that way?
Sad to see medial lake burning.....

Reactions: Zak

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
There were still a couple (hundred thousand) fish around last time I looked (yesterday).
Nice. My spot in Tacoma has dropped off precipitously, which I’m taking as a sign I should start thinking about coho.

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter
View attachment 80233

This fly caught, let’s just say dozens of O. gorbuscha before the whole hook bend broke off—probably a spot of rust there.
Nice pattern, I like it. I tied up a version of it and posted on the “what’s in your vise” thread!

Thanks, Andy

NRC

I’m just here so I don’t get mined
Forum Supporter
Our PS rezzies need to pack on more weight fast!
No kidding! I had a grab n go from a much more interesting fish, but I couldn’t bring myself to let that smaller one go and keep chasing the unicorn.

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Got a chance to fish the oct. caddis stimulator I posted. Basically for the cinnamon hoppers about. The dark costal deer has a nice color, but it is too fine with the wrong structure to float worth a s***. Also, forgot the hammerdowns tendency to gather up algae.
20230907_hdstim.jpg
Some fish liked it though
20230907_hdsfish.jpg
Including an eat from this. WTF? Uncool, couldn't break it off.
20230907_wtf.jpg
The muddled hare's ear daddy was a better fly
20230907_mhedaddy.jpg
20230907_daddyfish.jpg
The knuckle dragging stone is a great fly. Fished it on the dropper today.
20230907_knds.jpg
20230907_kdsfish.jpg

Pink Nighty

Life of the Party
20230905_214853.jpg

The lower bluegill streamer hasnt pulled one of the 5 or 6 tanks that my local pond supports, but I think it found one of the future pigs! Pic sucks, but this guy as super girthy for his length. Excited for his future.
20230906_200511.jpg

Also thanks to yall for fixing my double surgeons knot and @Tom Butler for always throwing flies on his tag end. Put two poppers on a properly tied leader, double up! 20230830_195501.jpg

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
View attachment 81213

The lower bluegill streamer hasnt pulled one of the 5 or 6 tanks that my local pond supports, but I think it found one of the future pigs! Pic sucks, but this guy as super girthy for his length. Excited for his future.
View attachment 81214

Also thanks to yall for fixing my double surgeons knot and @Tom Butler for always throwing flies on his tag end. Put two poppers on a properly tied leader, double up! View attachment 81215
Lovin' it. Like sir-mix-a-lot on the player today, ya' gatta double-up, ugh, ugh. Glad it's working out.
20230908_fishdouble.jpg
@Dryflyphotography , here is the link to Rob Denson's Muddled Hare's Ear you asked about. Great fly. I ran out of dyed so this one has a natural grizzly palmer.
20230908_mudbumhe.jpg

20230908_fish1.jpg

Last edited: