52826517842_dd91d3d4fe_c.jpg

52827493090_52a044ed8a_c.jpg

Variation on one I saw here.

hook - WFC Model 6 #10
thread - Uni 8/0 red
tail - yarn red
rib - small wire silver
body - Ice Dub claret
hackle - dyed claret (1 Tbs Rit Wine/1 cup water)
1st shoulder - pheasant rump dyed Silver Doctor Blue (2 packs Koolaid Ice Blue Raspberry/1 cup water)
2nd shoulder - hen dyed claret

Regards,
Scott

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
These are old, but they're the ones I was talking to @Billy about when he placed his bluegill-ish colored order. It's easy enough to get the shape & colors mostly down, but way tougher to get them to swim properly. These sometimes would but mostly failed on the latter. 4/0 in the foreground, 2/0 in the background.

qmBBCbh.jpg

Northern

Seeking SMB
Forum Supporter
These are old, but they're the ones I was talking to @Billy about when he placed his bluegill-ish colored order. It's easy enough to get the shape & colors mostly down, but way tougher to get them to swim properly. These sometimes would but mostly failed on the latter. 4/0 in the foreground, 2/0 in the background.

qmBBCbh.jpg
Having watched a fair number of bluegills in panicked and futile flight from big predators while being landed...
I'm not sure how you'd mimic that crazed motion. Maybe integrate a free spinning diving bill at the front?
Those look freaking awesome, tho!

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Having watched a fair number of bluegills in panicked and futile flight from big predators while being landed...
I'm not sure how you'd mimic that crazed motion. Maybe integrate a free spinning diving bill at the front?
Those look freaking awesome, tho!
Thanks! Maybe I should give these a second look in the water. Problem is that the tigers I fish for have a target rich environment of fish without spines.

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
I can’t remember who posted these a while ago, but I decided to try my hand at these melted-tubing and squashed-mono damsel flies. Thanks, whomever you are, for the fun pattern. Melting stuff and playing with fire never gets old.

IMG_7940.jpeg
IMG_7936.jpeg
image.jpg
Edit: Also, for anyone wanting to look up reference photos, never ever do an image search for “damselfly nymph” without safe search being aaaalll the way on. Apparently “moderate” doesn’t cut it and some things you can’t unsee.

Reminds me of the time I searched up “red-headed triple teaser” (old spinning lure from when I was a kid)…on the computer that was hooked up to the fishing club’s projector.

Last edited:

Zak

Legend
I can’t remember who posted these a while ago, but I decided to try my hand at these melted-tubing and squashed-mono damsel flies. Thanks, whomever you are, for the fun pattern. Melting stuff and playing with fire never gets old.

View attachment 62401
View attachment 62402
View attachment 62406
Edit: Also, for anyone wanting to look up reference photos, never ever do an image search for “damselfly nymph” without safe search being aaaalll the way on. Apparently “moderate” doesn’t cut it and some things you can’t unsee.

Reminds me of the time I searched up “red-headed triple teaser” (old spinning lure from when I was a kid)…on the computer that was hooked up to the fishing club’s projector.
Huh. Image searches for "damselfly nymph" and "damsel nymph" only turn up pictures of bugs and tied flies for me.

It probably predicts what you want to see based on past searches.

Searching for "jungle cock" though is another story:oops:

Jake Watrous

Legend
Forum Supporter
Huh. Image searches for "damselfly nymph" and "damsel nymph" only turn up pictures of bugs and tied flies for me.

It probably predicts what you want to see based on past searches.

Searching for "jungle cock" though is another story:oops:
Lol. Perhaps. I use a VPN, private mode, Apple’s Private relay, and Duck Duck Go. Must be what others with the VPN’s IP address have searched for.

Ironically, this one came up innocent and safe for kids:
IMG_7941.jpeg

Last edited: