Recent content by Wade Rivers

1. Wade Rivers

Where to put the 2nd anchor on my pram/DB? Advice needed

OK, got one already. I'll consider that.
  2. Wade Rivers

Good MacGyver...This would really help thanks. I don't think I want to keep moving it on and off the piled rope though. Just for discussion: if you mounted a nose anchor right there, the rope would be in the way
  3. Wade Rivers

I like those. I have similar on another boat
  4. Wade Rivers

So, I bought another used boat...a 12 Santiam Drifter. It's got kind of an unusual layout. The stern has a small stand-up brace and an open "tub" across the back. See pics below: Here's the pointy bow with a standard anchor system. You can see the brace across the stern. Here's the stern...
  5. Wade Rivers

Who’s this little feller?

A little late to the party, but there are skwalas on the Crooked. I never see fish "rising" on them and even the bugs themselves are kinda stealthy. However, last week blind casting a black/olive chubby was a lot of fun. All small fish but some aggressive takes in shallow water. So the fish...
  6. Wade Rivers

Intermediate camo lines

Mel, you put a lot of trout in the net but it's not because of your line. It's that scraggly cali pattern is my guess. I wonder if Cortland changed something recently? My old CCC was a fav, but when it got wrecked last year the new CCC was a PITA. Maybe they changed the core?
  7. Wade Rivers

Bladder Leak

<insert bladder leak joke here>
  8. Wade Rivers

Trailer problem

I bought these for my 16 foot aluminum lake boat. I like 'em. https://www.ironwoodpacific.com/store/products/473/E-Z-Slide-Trailer-Slides The old bunks got punky due to soggy carpet. Replaced with 2X6s and the slides. Glides right on, no prob.
  9. Wade Rivers

NFR Humor

Ambergris Caye, Belize at the food truck pod. Yes, we saw two crocs.
  10. image (33).jpg

image (33).jpg

11. Wade Rivers

Uh, do we name the lake? Trip report protocol?

Seems like some lakes get named in Trip Reports whilst others are merely hinted at... What's the standard PNWFF community guidelines on naming the lake?
  12. Wade Rivers

Intermediate Line

Another thing I'm working on is getting the coils out of my line and especially my leaders. The slower my retrieve, the more I want direct contact to the fly with no bends or coils to interfere with feel. Whenever I get a chance to sight fish, and see and feel the take, I realize there might...
  13. Wade Rivers

Intermediate Line

I fish an intermediate and a hover line. I've experienced the line float too. When your cast lands on the water, give it a lttle tug and that should break the surface tension.
  14. Wade Rivers

The good boat deal thread

Oh, dammit! See what you guys made me do??!!! https://eugene.craigslist.org/boa/d/monroe-drift-boat/7735285783.html Now I have 4 boats :rolleyes: To make room, my 10 foot Don Hill mini-drifter will be on the market in May in Bend.