Recent content by stillreleasing

1. stillreleasing

Taking down animals

I’m pretty sure the turtle always wins that race, at least that’s what I was raised to believe. Slow and steady.
  2. stillreleasing

Personal Protection

DimeBrite nailed it. The news is centered around fear and bad news, as it gets better viewership than positive news. There are definitely situations which call for more than pepper spray, but I think the tone of the responses on this thread is spot on.
  3. stillreleasing

NFR crazy....

Scary stuff. I love a good conspiracy, but US FDA regulations are designed for the benefit of the producer, not the end user.
  4. stillreleasing

Book recommendations?

Awesome! Thank you everyone! And keep ‘em coming!
  5. stillreleasing

Book recommendations?

Trying to spend more time not staring at a screen and I am looking for some (fly) fishing related book recommendations, fiction or non-fiction that aren’t too dense. Thanks ahead of time for y’alls input!
  6. stillreleasing

SOLD Catchercraft freestone raft

I am very interested - someone else please snatch this up before I have to figure out how I’m gonna store it!
  7. stillreleasing

Run Etiquette

Etiquette in general is a thing of the past and common courtesy requires common sense. I haven’t run into an issue on the water in a long time and I think that attitude is the biggest reason why. I also don’t fish particularly popular/accessible spots. Also might just be because I don’t steelhead?
  8. stillreleasing

Wanted Flyfisher’s Guide to Mexico

Title says it all. Looking for a copy of FF guide to Mexico by Phil Shook. I know I can get a digital copy for cheap, but would like a physical copy of the book if someone is willing to let one go for a reasonable price.
  9. stillreleasing

New Laptop

I’ve always purchased the best Intel processor I am willing to afford, which is alway a model or 2 removed from the latest and greatest. I haven’t had any bad experiences with other manufacturers, but years ago a programmer friend swore by them and they haven’t let me down. The other components...
  10. stillreleasing

Adjusting to a fast action rod

Practice with different rods… makes all the difference in the world. Also, an upcoming tropics trip will make you want to dial in your casting accuracy and double haul.
  11. stillreleasing

question re noise from textured lines

You won’t regret textured or smooth in the top end lines from SA. It all boils down to taper.
  12. stillreleasing

5 Flies

Purple haze Elk hair caddis Stimulator Chubby Chernobyl The last one would be specific to the river, or a parachute adams
  13. stillreleasing

Recommendations on 2 Weight

As a former ultralight addict I would go glass. If the locking reel seat is not a deal breaker, Cabela’s CGR 2wt had me contemplating selling all of my 1s, 0s and 000. It is more capable that I would have ever guessed. And it just wants to throw tight loops. Find an in expense DT or triangle...
  14. stillreleasing

Holiday Lake Fly Assortment (Attractor Patterns) available

I’d love to literally throw my name in the hat!
  15. stillreleasing

Mazatlán guide recommendation?

Title says it all. Headed to Mazatlán soon for a couple of weeks. Looking for a couple half days of fishing with a guide who actually works with fly fishers. Thanks!