riseform's latest activity

• riseform
    riseform replied to the thread Stuff in the Sky.
    Got stuck in Tacoma given on call responsibilities, while my wife and friends drove up to Canada with amazing views. Not bad from my...
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Gyrfalcon22's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
    This guy was putting on a crazy head-swaying display. I had never seen a sapsucker do this. Love to see a colorful bird here where we...
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Parabola's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
  • riseform
    riseform replied to the thread Got any bird pics?.
    Great reports, Steve! I've been a big fan of the black-throated sparrow ever since I was taught that its call is the theme song to the...
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Cabezon's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
    Sparrows and finches The deserts of the Southern California have a diverse group of sparrows and finches, especially in a wet...
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Cabezon's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
    Game birds: Doves and Quail The SoCal deserts have a rich dove/pigeon diversity. We saw six species and could have picked up one or two...
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Yardus's post in the thread Solar Eclipse April 8th 2024 with Like Like.
    Here's a couple of shots from my trip to North Carolina last week. Clouds provided the filter :cool: 85% coverage
  • riseform
    Our trip to Joshua Tree, Anza Borrego, and the Salton Sea at the end of March was very productive for birds – 82 species. No lifers for...
  • riseform
    Spent the Easter weekend in Tucson and liked this interaction between a curve-billed thrasher and gila woodpecker. Patiently awaiting...
  • riseform
    riseform replied to the thread Solar Eclipse April 8th 2024.
    Based a trip out of Murfreesboro TN visiting a family member and followed cloud predictions for the path of totality through Missouri...
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Kilchis's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
    I once heard male Purple Finches described as looking, “…like they have been dipped in raspberry juice.”
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Wadin' Boot's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
    Pretty annoyed that I didn't get the cormorants in focus.
  • riseform
    riseform reacted to Gyrfalcon22's post in the thread Got any bird pics? with Like Like.
    Barred owl on local lake hike Landing gear up on this northern shrike
  • riseform
    Nice to see both Western and Mountain bluebirds back in Washington this weekend. Hang in there, spring is coming! Western bluebird