Recent content by NRC

1. NRC

We got these Zebras coming in....

This is what happens if you don’t eradicate them at the midge stage of their lifecycle.
  2. NRC

Little Update

Bad ass! Bad news for the tuna.
  3. NRC

NFR Places to eat after (or before) fishing

Hansgrill has great breakfast food for when you’re done (or need a break from) flogging the waters of PNP.
  4. NRC

NFR 2024 Garden and Growing Things thread

Nice. That level of proactivity is something for me to aspire to.
  5. NRC

NFR 2024 Garden and Growing Things thread

Frost here in Tacoma this morning. Bummer. Hoping it was a light enough one that there won’t be too many adverse effects on my garden.
  6. NRC

They DARED TO REMOVE ME

While I have my suspicions that the PNWFF Travers is a spurious Diet Travers, I much prefer his online company over that of the self-serious haters. “Sirs, this is a Wendy’s”
  7. NRC

Puget Sound

Lower them down in crab pots if they love the goddamn things so much.
  8. NRC

Go to lake fly?

Ha, yeah, could probably rename this the confirmation bias thread. It’s fun to see what the various go-to flies are, though. Olive and red seem to be a theme.
  9. NRC

NFR Feather Identification

My money says pigeon, but that’s an uneducated guess.
  10. NRC

Favorite bass rod weight, what you got?

I suck at lake fishing, and in particular catching bass, so I’m always needing to be ready to try for a consolation stocker. That said I have a 4 wt aboard for trout and/or panfish and/or anything floating including poppers, and a 6 wt for throwing big weighted jiggy streamers, or switching to...
  11. NRC

Go to lake fly?

Olive willy is the g.o.a.t. Liking that Barbie Baitfish pattern too!
  12. NRC

Westside lakes waking up?

Yep, I’m with you two. I spend about 90% of my fishing time on Puget Sound, and every time I get skunked bobbing around a lake I’m reminded of why. The few times it’s been red hot for me on a lake keep me coming back, though.
  13. NRC

NFR Time Share Exit Advice?

Drug dealers don’t have to strongarm people into becoming customers, so they’re above timeshare sales on the pyramid. Door to door vacuum salesmen?
  14. NRC

I did end up getting out there. Threw bassy stuff at the shoreline all over the sunny/shallow northern end. Dragged an emerger around where some stockers were splashing. Trolled buggers, trolled an olive willy. Even soaked a chironimid under an indicator for as long as my internet addled...
  15. NRC

Thanks for the intel! My toddler just diarrhead all over the place, so my tomorrow afternoon probably got canceled anyway. That makes me feel better…