Recent content by grayscud

1. G

Stillwater emergers

headed back up today, we'll see if I can make any progress. Thanks for the suggestions
  2. G

Stillwater emergers

so I'll add a callibaetis cripple to the box. What would the stillwater caddis emerger pattern be?
  3. G

Stillwater emergers

No, I am not sure of that at all. No adults on the water. I saw one hex adult in the air, but never saw another emerging bug. there were splashes all around me. Couldn't figure out what they were after for the life of me. No shucks in the water that I could find. Could have been something...
  4. G

Stillwater emergers

Super confused about method for targeting fish doing splashy rises. I went to a lake that has a hex hatch, but never saw a fish actually take a bug on the surface, but tons of splashy rises all around. I put on a Intermediate sinking line and a nymph and tried every retrieve I could think of...
  5. G

Cortland Quick Descent Sinking Line

I am looking for a full sink line for my 6wt for lake fishing. I found this Cortland hybrid full sink/floating line, seemed interesting. I can't find any other info for it online, anyone have it?
  6. G

Whitefish holding water vs Trout water

Thanks for the replies. The other question I had is that I was generally following where the birds were on the yellowstone, I think they may have been swallows. but not seeing a ton of risers to whatever the birds were chasing, I could see tons of tiny bugs in the film/foam. should I have...
  7. G

Whitefish holding water vs Trout water

So this has happened to me twice, once last week. It was on the yellowstone, but has happened on the deschutes before. I was out fishing a regular trout riffle, run, bucket. I was using a euro setup, and I started at the back and hooked a couple of trout. Then as I moved up the run I hooked...