Recent content by CRO

1. C

We got these Zebras coming in....

Sadly I am reporting that”Shug” the zebra has been caught. Thank you all for your posts.
  2. C

Got any bird pics?

Just strutting his stuff for the ladies
  3. IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

4. C

Oregon hatchery bleach attack

I think they oughta bleach the killer
  5. C

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

I have found that keeping leader length behind 4inch dodgers at 14in or less has been the most productive. 10lb fluorocarbon leaders are fine unless you’re going after those Lake Roosevelt fish that can look like adult Sockeye.
  6. C

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

I guess now would be a good time to discuss the dirty word in the fly fishing vocabulary "THE BAIT". My process is no secret as you can U Tube it. I start with a can of drained white kernel corn in a zip lock bag. To this I add the liquid from a can of inexpensive tuna in water or oil. Then...
  7. C

Eels

I can remember seeing the sturgeon fisherman below Bonneville on the Columbia using Lampreys for bait in the mid 70s. They were plentiful then and I can’t remember if there was even a limit. I believe they are now protected
  8. C

Handgun Snake Shot

I was told that the effective range of snake shot rounds was within striking range of rattlers, let em live.
  9. C

Non-Fly Dirtbag kokanee

I met Curt at the launch of his local lake about 10years ago when I retired and took up Kokanee fishing seriously. I can confirm that yes he does have quite the gear collection which I too have now accumalated. With a two rod endorsement you need at least 2 of everything and a large...
  10. C

True story

There are even lakes in WA that have Horse power restrictions. It is ok to have a motor that exceeds the limit on a craft as long as it isnt used.
  11. C

Trailer problem

It kinda looks like the large nut has backed off allowing the that L bracket to tilt.. Maybe the bolts werent tightened all the way when built.
  12. C

NFR Time Share Exit Advice?

Not a quick exit but have you looked into selling your yearly time to cover your cost of holding onto the contract until it expires.
  13. C

69 years ago

It is interesting to compare the old maps to todays map of the same area. My son has discovered roads that were on the old maps and not on todays maps make for interesting hikes. He looks for ones where there are no distinct trails. Rusty vehicles and abandoned logging equipment are some of...
  14. C

plunking

As a 10yr old growing up on the WA coast, if i wanted to go steelhead fishing then it was to go go with my grandfather who only plunked. By the time i was old enough to drive i got pretty good at it. 60plus yrs. ago i used to fish in a shack just across the road from Gryfalcons house with my...
  15. C

Does anyone know of a good 3 gallon outboard fuel tank?

Is there an O ring under the rim of that cap or is it just hard plastic on plastic? If the cap screws into the cap there is readily available material at auto parts stores to make a gasket.