So why did we switch exactly…?

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
Such a script wouldn't be THAT malicious/invasive. You aren't going to get access to their database unless they left it with minimal security... which I'm doubting. It'd likely be a front-end script that searches the site under your login and replaces the text with something you pre-set. I could probably figure it out, but ain't nobody got time for dat. And I don't wanna.

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
And I don't think any of us would ask you to. Still like your other instructions for minimalization , though.

JesseC

Smolt
On this new site can we say fuck shit cock gooch pussy rimjob and it’s okay?

Evan can you leave the exif data on all the picture uploads? I was really pissed when the scrubber was turned on at wff. Took me a super long time to script the google map overlay.

Also, what is the diversity and inclusion policy of this new site? I want to make sure that my values are supported by our new database overlords.

Lastly - can you make a rule where OMJ has a screen time limit of two hours on this new site? We can create mechanical Turk jobs for him to do the other 15 hours - and use the money for a site debauchfest annually.

K, thanks. Happy to see so familiar assholes on here.

RCF

Life of the Party
There has been a lot of posts about changing your profile, deleting your posts, etc. on the old board.

Do NOT forget about your PM's/DM's. That is where I would share PII information. Name, address, phone numbers, email addy, etc. BUT there is GREAT news. If you go edit your DM's/PM's on the old board it allows you to edit any and all of them. When you delete the information, it deletes the information on everyone's DM/PM that you sent that info to.

(This has been tested with a member on the board and it works)

BTW: when you 'leave' a DM/PM it is NOT deleted. It is just marked so that it does not show up in the User Interface.

Now go to work - not that you did not have enough already to do...

Edited to add: MODs can not see this data but ADMIN may be able to. That is why I am bringing this up.

RCF

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Forum Supporter
I'm not worried about my info. I've been in enough data breaches that my shit is out there already. There are steps I've taken to protect me financially and when the robo callers come I make 'em pay.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If there is a way for Mike and VS to cash in on fly fishing fashion tips and dumb pics of holiday decor, shame on me for not thinking of it first.
Don't ever say that we didn't try to warn you.:D

cdnred

Life of the Party
Canada has huge ties to China, they buy tons of real estate, Vancouver BC has lots of real estate gobbled up by China. Basicly dont trust anything Canadian, or anything at all at this point.
I'm a Canadian and look at the calendar my bank (Bank of Montreal) puts out every year, half of it is all in Chinese..!!! Canada was bilingual (French and English) now it seems the French have been replaced by the Chinese.. :mad:

1643652855770.png

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Makes sense actually. The Chinese CCP have the money

Fixed.

Since I started dating and eventually married a Chinese lady, I have heard the wildest shit. Prior to that, I was oblivious to what goes on over there.

If you ever want to hear the truth about China, talk to a Chinese US citizen; they left for a reason. My Chinese Australian citizen friend also has some fascinating stories. She is an accountant. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: Before anyone gets too fired up from my comment, I must say that I still think far left and far right Americans are a way bigger threat to this country than China ever will be.

Last edited:

cdnred

Life of the Party
There used to be a setting that locked threads from being changed after a few months. Not sure if they changed it upon buying it. I know only an admin/mod could edit older ones. But Chris may have changed that after I resigned.
I went in and edited (removed) all my text except the ones that had been locked up for political or whatever reasons. I was surprised that the new team didn't lock things up to prevent that from happening..

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
I’ll admit I’m out of the loop when it comes to security. What briefly should I be concerned about? Other than some online purchases I don’t bank online. Somebody clue me in

TicTokCroc

Sunkist and Sudafed
Fixed.

Since I started dating and eventually married a Chinese lady, I have heard the wildest shit. Prior to that, I was oblivious to what goes on over there.

If you ever want to hear the truth about China, talk to a Chinese US citizen; they left for a reason.

My Chinese Australian citizen friend also has some fascinating stories. She is an accountant. :ROFLMAO:
CCP is correct, the problem is they are very well know for their espionage and spying using integrated citizens. This disconnect always happens where it devolves into your racist etc etc... I'm not racist towards Chinese People before this heads that direction.

My best friend in HS, his family were very recent immigrants to the US. They started the process of leaving after tienimen square. I was basicly his liaison to American culture. And in my case, bad American culture 😬

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I’ll admit I’m out of the loop when it comes to security. What briefly should I be concerned about? Other than some online purchases I don’t bank online. Somebody clue me in
Online banking isn't the issue. Just that your email address is sold off to marketers and any personal info on your account would be saved with all that. All things we didn't sign up for when we joined WFF, and we never were given a new user agreement when they took over.

The types of ads they use often use trackers and data collecting algorithms. Things I do everything I can to avoid. I use quite a few tactics to keep myself from being sold for my data, but you have to stay on top of things. But things as simple as browsing with Firefox and installing uBlock Origin can help. I also use Linux as my primary operating system, so my chances of accidentally getting malicious malware are significantly decreased as all the software I get comes from an official/vetted repository.

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I go over there about once a day. Just to see whatever I can change. But I don't waste any time there anymore.

Old406Kid

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Online banking isn't the issue. Just that your email address is sold off to marketers and any personal info on your account would be saved with all that. All things we didn't sign up for when we joined WFF, and we never were given a new user agreement when they took over.

The types of ads they use often use trackers and data collecting algorithms. Things I do everything I can to avoid. I use quite a few tactics to keep myself from being sold for my data, but you have to stay on top of things. But things as simple as browsing with Firefox and installing uBlock Origin can help. I also use Linux as my primary operating system, so my chances of accidentally getting malicious malware are significantly decreased as all the software I get comes from an official/vetted repository.
Unfortunately, I have to wonder if they didn't make this their highest priority and gather all of this info before we were even aware of the sale.