Swedes fly shop closed down?

Greg Armstrong

Go Green - Fish Bamboo
Forum Supporter
Moved to Woodinville a bunch of years ago (late in the last century 😄) While building our house out there I was happy to have discovered Swedes shop. He helped me while perusing a reel for the salt and I ended up buying a nice little Orvis Battenkill from him, which I still occasionally use. He sold me some Olive Willies too!

I was really disappointed when that shop closed.

RIP Alan

@Dryflyphotography

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
After my father in law discovered Swede's there was one Christmas when all the guys in the family received a small box of olive Wiley's in our Christmas stockings. If I can find one in my fly box I should fish it until I catch at least one trout in memory of Allen...he was a good guy to visit when his shop was in Woodinville.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
After my father in law discovered Swede's there was one Christmas when all the guys in the family received a small box of olive Wiley's in our Christmas stockings. If I can find one in my fly box I should fish it until I catch at least one trout in memory of Allen...he was a good guy to visit when his shop was in Woodinville.
Swede's signature fly, the Olive Willy, is still my most dependable and productive lake fly by far.

Russell

Steelhead
Thought to myself, maybe the olive willy is the fly they had a bunch of with the red glass bead. Looked it up and sure enough.... Bought some glass beads to tie those but never really knew the name of the fly.