single person raft ??'s

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
For those who might want an alternative to these traditional rafts, Hobie Kayaks used to make both an i9s and a i11 (12?)with their Gen 1 mirage drive. Basically a big azz pedal powered flat decked raft.

Most of them are probably still hiding out in closets getting little use

Matt B

RAMONES
Forum Supporter
I own the exact same pontoon. I use a square throw flotation cushion in the seat to get a tad higher while sitting…
Does it mess up the angle of the oar handles so it bumps your lap?
@clarkman did you ever try this with your OSG Commander? To raise you up a bit?

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Does it mess up the angle of the oar handles so it bumps your lap?
@clarkman did you ever try this with your OSG Commander? To raise you up a bit?
Tried it once, and it was a little tight for my preferences with the oars. But more importantly (for the way I fish), it also reduced my effectiveness with fins only.

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
That is awesome. Super stoked you are happy with that craft.
I got it fully rigged for my musky fishing (try to get a pic over the weekend) and it's dope AF. Seriously considering adding a trolling motor off the back to extend my range.

jact55

Life of the Party
I got it fully rigged for my musky fishing (try to get a pic over the weekend) and it's dope AF. Seriously considering adding a trolling motor off the back to extend my range.
Those musky drag you a mile in that thing? Or are you generally heavily anchored?

Waking up before the sun and hunting musky on fly for the first time tomorrow. Super stoked.
...not that I'll catch anything lol

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Those musky drag you a mile in that thing? Or are you generally heavily anchored?

Waking up before the sun and hunting musky on fly for the first time tomorrow. Super stoked.
...not that I'll catch anything lol
I never anchor. fins work great.

Wade Rivers

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Anchor question for me??

I was gifted an old WM Grizzly and trying to rig an anchor for lake fishing. I'll have fins too but really would prefer an anchor for stillwater presentations.

Would my Scotty Float tube anchor system work OK? Should I set it up in the back? Anchoring from the front would be easier but maybe not as good for fishing...

Haggis57

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Would my Scotty Float tube anchor system work OK? Should I set it up in the back? Anchoring from the front would be easier but maybe not as good for fishing...
I think off the back is the best option for these inflatable boats. The Scotty Anchor Lock should work well for the Grizzly. I don't anchor my Outcast Fish Cat Scout that often, but I have my anchor lock mounted at the back, on the corner of a homemade PVC motor mount (red circle below). This seems to be the best position for keeping the fly line away from the anchor rope when casting or fighting a fish. I also prefer having the wind at my back on cooler Spring and late Fall days!

I find that the 2 lb Outcast Float Tube Anchor works fine for the lakes I fish, regardless of how strong the wind is. I did increase the diameter of the anchor rope so the Scotty Anchor lock has a better grip.

Ken

3 markup.JPG