Need/Want new Honda30 outboard.

Hem

Life of the Party
Any of you guys from Washington recommend a Honda dealer?
My Honda25 is toast and I'm desperately trying to find a replacement.
Seattle to Spokane.
Thanks.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I only know my local which is Sportcraft Marina just south of Portland, so not a huge help. They're a Honda / Suzuki dealer. I'm having them repower both my boats this year, and after being happy with Honda, I'm going Suzuki this time. Especially for something in the smaller HP like a 30, I'd look at Suzuki and Tohatsu. They seem to be the highly favored brands for the sub 60hp range.

That said, Honda makes a damn fine motor. So hard to go wrong either way. Just might expand your shopping options a bit. I'm very happy with my Suzuki 60hp so far though, and looking forward to the new 200hp I'll be breaking in next week 🥳

Hem

Life of the Party
I only know my local which is Sportcraft Marina just south of Portland, so not a huge help. They're a Honda / Suzuki dealer. I'm having them repower both my boats this year, and after being happy with Honda, I'm going Suzuki this time. Especially for something in the smaller HP like a 30, I'd look at Suzuki and Tohatsu. They seem to be the highly favored brands for the sub 60hp range.

That said, Honda makes a damn fine motor. So hard to go wrong either way. Just might expand your shopping options a bit. I'm very happy with my Suzuki 60hp so far though, and looking forward to the new 200hp I'll be breaking in next week 🥳
I hear you.
My 16' War Eagle has a side console. Hoping to keep the Honda shifter I bought about 6 years ago, to save some $.
Doesn't seem like there is much available inland.

Evan B

Bobber Downey Jr.
Staff member
Admin
I hear you.
My 16' War Eagle has a side console. Hoping to keep the Honda shifter I bought about 6 years ago, to save some $.
Doesn't seem like there is much available inland.
Understood. Typically controls aren't a great deal extra. Not as much as you'd expect. Plus the new engines often have additional features that may not be compatible with old controls/guages. But that's all questions for the dealer.

Looks like there's a few Honda dealers in Spokane.

Reactions: Hem

ThatGuyRyRy

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Might try King Salmon Marine, I know they sell and work on Honda. I didn't see what they had in stock for used inventory when I picked up my kicker today

Reactions: Hem