Martha Marie gets a work out.

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
A friend and I hit a small lake north of Snoqualmie for a few hours on Friday. The wind was shifting when we got there, and the water temp was 50 at the surface. There was a bit of a bite to the air, so a coat was necessary even in the sunshine. No hatches to see and no shucks on the surface. I stuck to the full sink line with a Boobie type minnow pattern to suspend above the bottom. I missed one hit and then a little later I had a solid hook up. The fish took multiple runs deep and long. He really put up a fine fight. Once in the net I could see a chunky 18"er. Got a quick picture and sent him back for another day. Overall, a somewhat slow day but rewarding in scenery, the friend I was fishing with and the fish I got to play.
copy.png

Last edited:

Mike Monsos

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Glorious Mike! I should catch up with you Mike and show you some of the bamboo rods I have made. All because of your initial mentoring all those years ago :)
Glad to hear you are having fun making rods, you should try to make it ti the bamboo Fling in June. I'd like to see your rods.