Lost phone report

troutpocket

Stillwater strategist
Forum Supporter
For the first time in 20 years of using cell phones, I donated one to the lake this week. My trusted system is keeping my phone in a zipper pocket and generally use it to take a few photos. This time I reached for it to find the pocket unzipped. At one point I had wrapped my sinking line up in my fins and needed to perform contortions to free things up. I suspect that’s when I sent it to the deep.

The fishing was interesting. Peak chironomid conditions and they came off heavy. Bright sun and mostly flat calm. Very few fish showing. Excellent visibility down 12-14’. No bumps at all trolling or casting leeches to likely spots. No fish marked out on the deeper flats.

What worked? Hanging a generic nymph/chironomid under an indicator at 12-14’ just outside the shoals where the slope dropped rapidly down to 20+’. It wasn’t a big numbers day but committing to the best structure paid off. All the fish were in great shape and 16-19” on my measure net. I’d post a few photos, but….

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Tim L recommended one of these to me a while back. I don’t go near any body of water without it.
Bingo, thanks. My old strap didn't fit my new phone, and while I felt secure with this the last couple days, I was going to be lazy and ask instead of searching.

Attachments

• 20240331_105536.jpg
    20240331_105536.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 18