Little Update

Merle

Roy’s cousin
Forum Supporter

Grayone

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Happy update....

After what turned into quite the saga, and easily the longest year plus of my life, I am finally officially back in the saddle.

I can't possibly explain just how good I feel both physically and now mentally as well.

Many thanks to everyone here who provided me so much support, encouragement, and understanding through this process.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Westport this summer

View attachment 112105
Outstanding

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
That sure is inspirational..and very good news. I got my first 50 ton ocean operators license in 1983 (didn't use it much). I now have a 100 ton but it is in "continuity", so that it can not be used, but it is fairly easy to get it legal to use. I would have to pass the physical, so your story held some personal interest for me. I thank you for the update and congratulations. Outstanding

wanderingrichard

Life of the Party
Humanity!! FECK YEAH!!
_ to quote and paraphrase a certain subreddit title.

Glad you've won the opening battle Nick. Remember, its a lifelong journey. Wish my mom would have listened more to her docs instead of ignoring most of them....

Jim in Anacortes

Life of the Party
And the photo in post #115, is quite remarkable (IMHO). The six men, (all beaming with joy) as they all triumphantly hold up an enormous amount of the most delicious seafood on Earth. I know a powerful image when I see one. The image in post #115 is powerful AND the story behind it is remarkable..

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Wow! I just saw this. What a saga. So glad you're back at the helm and, more importantly, you're healthier and feeling better! Way to take care of business!