Lamiglas oars

Irish11

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Does anyone on here have experience with Lamiglas oars? There is a set for sale locally, counter balanced and with Sawyer dynelite blades. I would really like some Sawyer squaretops, but Lamiglas shafts with Sawyer dynelite blades could hold me over for a while I save for a good pair. Right now I have some aluminum Carlisles so I feel like most things will be an upgrade.

SurfnFish

Legend
Forum Supporter
Does anyone on here have experience with Lamiglas oars? There is a set for sale locally, counter balanced and with Sawyer dynelite blades. I would really like some Sawyer squaretops, but Lamiglas shafts with Sawyer dynelite blades could hold me over for a while I save for a good pair. Right now I have some aluminum Carlisles so I feel like most things will be an upgrade.
Friend had them on his Koffler... few times I rowed found the shafts a lot stiffer than the Sawyer's and Cataract's I was used to on my Clack's. My friend, 30 years younger and 50# beefier than me, liked them better than I did.
I'd think about the best oar/shaft for the long haul, and save those $ for just that.

SurfnSully

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I have had a pair for several years and have been very pleased with them. Go for it!