It’s like an igloo son

Capt Insano Emeritis

Legend
Forum Supporter
I recall as a kid of 7 or 8 years old seeing something weird that i still can visualize. It was in our back yard. Dad was not a gardener. He generally let the yard go. Grass (more field grass than lawn)always got too high but it was fun to play in- sort of like a safari. Anyway we had this big burn pile with tree branches and stuff mounded up on it. Dad used it as what we call a compost pile i guess. The past vision I have is from a very snowy few days in about 1959-60. There was this big dome of melting snow over that big burn pile and the sun came out shining bright-onto the pile. I saw the light shining through a lens of ice in the top of the pile and blurry red blobs backlit and glowing through the ice. I ran into the house and told dad i saw something weird in the burn pile… Dad came out smiling (at the animated excited me most likely) and checked out what i was talking about. He saw it and broke the ice to see inside a giant tomato plant with a dozen or more bright red store bought tomatoes hanging on a tired looking 5’ tall tomato plant. To this day that memory and dads explanation stick with me, something about igloos keeping eskimos warm in the extreme cold of the arctic.

Last edited: