Airflo Skagit Compact G2 vs Skagit Driver?

DerekWhipple

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I'm looking for a skagit head for my ARW 12'6" 6wt. I'd like to stick with airflo, and I see some G2's around for sale still, and the Driver is Airflo's only "normal" length skagit head currently being offered. I have a hard time finding much info on people's experience with the Driver. Wondering what the OR/WA angler opinions are on these lines. Is there much of a difference between the two?

Chonay

Smolt
Forum Supporter
I'm looking for a skagit head for my ARW 12'6" 6wt. I'd like to stick with airflo, and I see some G2's around for sale still, and the Driver is Airflo's only "normal" length skagit head currently being offered. I have a hard time finding much info on people's experience with the Driver. Wondering what the OR/WA angler opinions are on these lines. Is there much of a difference between the two?
I think the difference is it supposed to sit a little lower in the water for better loading and maybe a slightly slower swing. I have one its a good Skagit head.

DanielOcean

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
They all cast great honestly. I would say get what is on sale. For me, I greatly enjoy the SA Skagit.