Search results

1. T

What's an Orvis Ultrafine 55 Rod?

Ran acorss one that seems to be in good shape but can't find any information through a Google search. It's graphite... and that's about it. Anyone know what a "Ultrafine 55" is? (The rod is 7'9" long, so it's not the length.)
  2. T

FS SAGE RPLxi

I got this from my Uncle's estate back in 2013 and I've never used it, not even to test cast it. I don't believe he had a chance to use it either, because the plastic is still on the fighting butt. The rod is in as new condition, the tube is in good condition but showing it's age. If I'm not...
  3. T

Wanted Winston BiiiX 905-4

I'm looking for a B3X 905-4 in great condition. Let me know if you'll part with one.
  4. T

Question

While chasing after rods.I looked at TradenStuff. What I don't know is whether Dave - a nice guy, by the way - is if Dave's rating scale is accurate. Has anyone had any experience with his products? Some of his prices are better than anything I see on the auction site, but I see better...
  5. T

Rod for indicator fishing?

Now that I've solved my steelhead issue, I have a new question. What's the action in your favorite non-Euro rod for fishing nymphs with dry-droppers, hopper-droppers, yarn indicators, or a bobber-like things? This would be a new technique for me and all I've been able to find is information...
  6. T

Questions about older rods

Since I'm trying to gear up again after a brush with death, I've learned I'm pretty stupid about older rods. I'm looking for Scott and Winston and Sage rods from before they became super- and ultra-fast actions, but I can't sort them out. I'm looking for a somewhat slower action - but faster...
  7. T

Douglas Sky G?

Has anyone cast the S609-4? I don't have a shop nearby who has one in stock. I'm leaning towards the S-version of their 6-weight to get the fighting butt, but not if it has different casting characteristics than the regular 609-4.
  8. T

Used reels from Japan?

I've been trolling the internet in search of an 8/9 weight reel, and as part of it, I also looked at the auction site. I was shocked to see how many reels I could buy, "used", from Japan. You could almost plug any reel into the search bar, and sure enough, there'll be scads of them available...
  9. T

Anyone know these rods?

I'm familiar with the Winston 8'6" 4wt BiiX, but I'm curious about the BiiX in heavier line weights - like a 6wt or 7wt. Has anyone ever fished one of them?