Search results

1. T

FS SAGE RPLxi

Push to top. This rod is for sale again. As advertised, it's in really great shape, easily a 9+, and you'll never again see one in this condition for a price this low.
  2. T

Point up or points down? (Poll and comments)

You don't put your hands on the silverware either way.
  3. T

Point up or points down? (Poll and comments)

Points up. It's how it's done in restaurants.
  4. T

Best 5wt Setup Recos?

Okay, makes sense when explained like that. I didn't consider false casts because I don't use them when casting from the beach because I'm always facing into the wind. Thanks!
  5. T

What's an Orvis Ultrafine 55 Rod?

That was it. when I enlarged the picture of the rod, there's a "." between the fives. Never would have noticed it if I hadn't been looking for it. Thank you!
  6. T

Best 5wt Setup Recos?

The OP said that casting his current 6wt can make his shoulder ache yet most of the replies - except for the Ion XL - have been for fast-action rods that require more speed/power to cast effectively, where a softer rod should reduce the strain. Is there something about Washington beaches I'm...
  7. T

What's an Orvis Ultrafine 55 Rod?

Ran acorss one that seems to be in good shape but can't find any information through a Google search. It's graphite... and that's about it. Anyone know what a "Ultrafine 55" is? (The rod is 7'9" long, so it's not the length.)
  8. T

Question for you folks

Easy to install, but often tricky to find - and they don't seem to be available for every tire/wheel size. Some are the size you might need, many are for bicycle-type tires. The good part is: if you can find them, you'll never need to replace them
  9. T

Fishing after a major internal clot

If not already, you'll have a cardiologist to monitor your heart damage. They'll be the one to tell you how much you can do at different stages of recovery, usually as what your maximum heart rate (pulse) should be, It will change over time. Anti-coagulants are not as dangerous as it may...
  10. T

Question for you folks

Depending on the size of the tires, you can put foam inserts inside pneumatic tires and they'll never go flat. I use them in the wheels of a kayak dolly. Even without those, the advantages of pneumatic tires on an uneven surface will often outweigh the PITA factor.
  11. T

FS SAGE RPLxi

Wine and whiskey wouldn't do me one bit of good, Bill, but why don't you PM me with details about what you think would make a good trade and we'll talk about it some more. Can't hurt.
  12. T

Affordable Saltwater Reels

Use the Salt-A-Way that Evan discussed, and rinse the reels in warm - not hot or cold - water every time you use on in saltwater. Warm water can dissolve and carry away more salt than either a fast hot water rinse or a long cold water soak.
  13. T

Gear

You didn't list a fishing license... Those come in handy now and again. And buy extra flies. Big ones. You're not going to fish with them, but what good is a fishing hat if it doesn't have at least a dozen flies stuck in it?
  14. T

FS SAGE RPLxi

Yeah it is a pretty-looking thing, but what's all this about three-piece rods? On the shelf, the rod tube isn't much longer than the tube for the four piece rod next to it. Is it because of the airlines? I once owned a nine-foot two piece rod. Now that was a PITA of a long tube to cart around...
  15. T

FS SAGE RPLxi

Yes, the 3-piece. It's a gorgeous rod. This was the second time I can remember ever taking it out of the tube. If I understand the online comments - and the list you posted - it's a medium-fast rod. What do you like about them? I'm probably selling a rod I'll come to regret one of these...
  16. T

FS SAGE RPLxi

I got this from my Uncle's estate back in 2013 and I've never used it, not even to test cast it. I don't believe he had a chance to use it either, because the plastic is still on the fighting butt. The rod is in as new condition, the tube is in good condition but showing it's age. If I'm not...
  17. RPLXi

RPLXi

RPLXi
  18. IMG_0007s.png

IMG_0007s.png

19. IMG_0010s.png

IMG_0010s.png

20. IMG_0011s.png

IMG_0011s.png