Search results

1. Skunk Ape

Fish handling

30 lbs, that’s a huge steelhead. My buddy got one last year that measured 41” or so from a rod measurement and by statistical data it probably only came out to about 22-23lbs. Biggest one my friends have ever seen. If that’s the case on the 30lb one and someone had to glorify it on social...
  2. Skunk Ape

Fish handling

Think so. I was a distance away but that coloration seems right.
  3. Skunk Ape

Fish handling

Working unfortunately but this post caught my eye. Last week I finished working a run and was putting stuff away in my truck and calling it a day. Two guys were parked near me and the one with fly gear headed down the path to get some fish on. I told him there were fish moving through and...
  4. Skunk Ape

Shuttle Service for Skagit/Sauk

Thought about that but……what if I get molested like my mom always used to say about hitching rides; I return to launch and I find my boat is gone or gone over by the local tweeker crowd; no one picks me up because I look too suspicious to pick up😂. Nah, like my boat and myself too much to risk...
  5. Skunk Ape

Shuttle Service for Skagit/Sauk

Okay, regular guy Mike is down with medical issues. Does anyone have someone in mind as a back up? Pretty new to drifting these rivers and have been a bankie for some years up until recently. Would rather be in the boat than the bank and since my back up was my wife, she’s out because of foot...
  6. Skunk Ape

2023 Skagit/Sauk season is a go

On Skagit, within first hour had a bright chrome on but it rolled quickly and that was that. Nada the rest of the day but it was nice to get out and see that most people were behaving themselves! Gear guys always kill it on the Sauk.
  7. Skunk Ape

NFR Hockey

As a Capitals fan since 84’ I’m hoping Hathaway and Orlov help the Bruins get back to the Cup. Hate to see them go but that’s business as we’re a bit of a mess this year. I’m also rooting for the Kraken in the West for similar reasons because of Bura, Sprong, and Grubes. I feel for Kraken fans...
  8. Skunk Ape

Honestly, at this point they will most likely open it the beginning of March. If it opens, but that’s my gut feeling. We’ll see🤞🏼.
  9. Skunk Ape

Yup, they originated from North Carolina backwoods and that’s what they do. Still wonder why they disowned Bob Barker🤔😂. He was an original Darry resident. Maybe he didn’t buy into the poaching is a way of life thing and turned to game show host. From there we can draw our own conclusions.
  10. Skunk Ape

Well, I can attest that I put my comments in and I’ve only been here for about 5 years. New to the area, I have a fraction of knowledge that others have here, I’m a complete newbie on these systems, but I felt I had to do my part as insignificant as those comments I put forth may be to those...
  11. Skunk Ape

Soooo…..still no official go on the Skagit/Saulk season. I find that a little disconcerting. Really wanted to beat the city crowd out there before the weekend but that ain’t gonna happen. It is officially “later this week.” Those Canadians and what we try to get across their border🐔!
  12. Skunk Ape

WDFW Gill Net Policy

Okay, your statements make sense. Thanks for your feedback!
  13. Skunk Ape

WDFW Gill Net Policy

Just fished Pass Lake and came across Fish and Wildlife getting ready to conduct a fish survey. Asked them if they going to shock them to get counts and they said they were going to use gill nets. Found that interesting as this lake is a fly fishing only zero kill. Came back the next day and...