Search results

1. J

Oyster Bamboo rods

Has anyone out there acquired a Bill Oyster bamboo fly rod? If so, are they as beautiful as they appear on their internet site. I have been drooling over them for some time. So far, I have been able to resist, it's a financial issue. One of those things in life that you don't really need...
  2. J

Spine for bamboo fly rods.

I am planning to offer a bamboo rod building class for my fly-fishing club over the winter. We/I don't have the tools or skills to build the blanks from scratch so we would be buying the blanks. I was talking to one of the people that would be taking the class today and he asked me if bamboo...
  3. J

Pacific NW Fly Fishing Museum

In the east there seems to be several fly-fishing museums. As far as I know there is no fly-fishing museum in the Pacific NW. Can anyone correct me and tell me where there might be a fly-fishing museum in the Pacific NW honoring the heritage, history and people of the Pacific NW fly fishing...
  4. J

Given a new very old bamboo fly rod

A friend of mine gave me a Hardy bamboo fly rod. It is in structurally sound condition and straight. The wraps are all intact but while the varnish is all there and appears sound it has a rough texture. When I checked the serial number on this rod I found it was made in May of 1890. Since...
  5. J

Bamboo Fling

Well, it is the middle of April and time to think about a “Bamboo Fling” for this year. Let’s see what kind of interest we can muster. Unless someone has a different idea, we will use Cascade View Park in Redmond WA as we have done in the past. Last year someone suggested we incorporate glass...