Search results

1. Mike Cline

Wading boots with good arch support

Give these Orvis PRO boots a try on! I wore Simms Guide Boots for years but when my last pair wore out I tried these on. Remarkably light but strong boots. Easy to put on and take off and I have to believe they provide the best arch support I’ve ever had in a wading boot...
  2. Mike Cline

FS SOLD SA System 2 1213 Fly Reel w/Line and bag

SOLD No longer useful for me. $45 postpaid in U.S. PM me for PayPal email address. Used reel in excellent condition. Minor scuffing on frame. Unknown line in good condition. Included is SA System 3 leather pouch.
  3. Mike Cline

FS SOLD C&F Designs Fly and Lure Filing System

SOLD Pending Payment Inherited this several years back and never really used it. Need to create space so its got to go. C&F Design Fly and Lure Filing System with 5 C&F Design Fly Box inserts. $50 postpaid in U.S. Can’t fathom what the retail for this was. (Flies included gratis). PM me for...
  4. Mike Cline

Doomsday on the Big Hole Delayed a bit by Mother Nature

https://www.kbzk.com/community/this-week-in-fish-and-wildlife/this-week-in-fish-and-wildlife-big-hole-river-fish-numbers-show-some-increases
  5. Mike Cline

Run-off has commenced in SW Montana

The last two days have been in the 70s and the overnight low in Bozeman was in the low 50s. The forecast is for a least a week more of 70 degree weather and moderate overnight lows. Most of the local streams—Gallatin, Yellowstone, Madison, Big Hole and Beaverhead have seen big spikes in flows...
  6. Mike Cline

Kayak recommendation

Might some something useful in this 4 part article to address your question! https://www.pnwflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/fishing-the-last-mile-first-part-i-an-angling-strategy.2017/
  7. P5010162.JPG

P5010162.JPG

8. P5010163.JPG

P5010163.JPG

9. P5010164.JPG

P5010164.JPG

10. P5010165.JPG

P5010165.JPG

11. P5010166.JPG

P5010166.JPG

12. Mike Cline

How are you storing/organizing your (flat) materials?

Storing fly tying materials is easy when you are starting out. Most everything fits in a few containers. However as you progress tying different patterns and tying more flies you inevitably accumulate more and more materials. After 60+ years of tying, I am the consummate example of that...
  13. Mike Cline

Landscape Photos - Fishing Related (show us yours)

Florida Gulf Coast inshore flats at dawn.
  14. 1714392247040.png

1714392247040.png

15. Mike Cline

Books

Thanks, it is a third printing. Indeed it is a 1st edition, but was printed later than the 1st run. Gierach had released a few other titles before this one, sales were dwindling and the publisher opted to print only 2000 copies of this title in the first run. However it proved to be a very...
  16. Mike Cline

Books

What printing is this one?
  17. Mike Cline

2024 YNP Fishing Permits Now Available

Fishing permits for the 2024 YNP Season (May 25 - Dec 31) are now available online. https://www.recreation.gov/activitypass/08486201-71ff-11eb-90d3-9eb840e09acc/order
  18. Mike Cline

A Dangerous Time of Year for Wading....

Felt was temporarily banned in MT but is legal now. Since YNP bans felt, you don’t see a lot of it in MT.
  19. Mike Cline

YNP Opens Two Rivers to Year Round Angling

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/24012.htm This will take some pressure off other SW MT rivers in the Spring before runoff. The access to the Madison section is decent while access to the Gardner will still be a challenge due to the 2022 flood damage. Haven’t seen any rationale from NPS on...
  20. Mike Cline

Bead size to hook size

If you get the opportunity, take a look at the Firehole Outdoors line of hooks as they are barbless and usually have wide gaps making it easier to use smaller beads. Additionally their line of tungsten—stones and slotted stones provide an excellent range of colors and sizes.