Search results

1. Wiznet

Glass vs tungsten beads

Now are chironomid and midges interchangeable? Google seems to call chironomid non-biting midges. The reason I ask is I've got a few midges I've tied up for tailwaters. And wondering if its worth putting on glass beads or not.
  2. Wiznet

Non-Fly Spring chinook guides

Any luck reaching out to him?
  3. Wiznet

Glass vs tungsten beads

so its really just visual then? Not much utility difference
  4. Wiznet

Glass vs tungsten beads

Hey guys! Curious why/when folks use glass vs tungsten beads on midge patterns. Thanks!
  5. Wiznet

Non-Fly Spring chinook guides

Hey all! Wondering if anyone has any guide recommendations for spring chinook on the Columbia River? Thanks!
  6. Wiznet

Post your FREE STUFF (the "pay it forward" thread)

Okuma elite spinning rod! Pickup in Seattle
  7. Wiznet

bumping this! I'm moving on the 16th. Would be really bummed to just have to dump it.
  8. Wiznet

hey im moving and would like to claim it!
  9. Wiznet

Non-Fly Cured Roe

i really shouldve done that. I rage threw them away lol
  10. Wiznet

Non-Fly Cured Roe

yeah im using the double red stuff by pro cure. Maybe i didnt get rid of enough liquid as it was a pretty big jar. Maybe i should cure them in a tupper ware, then transfer to the jar
  11. Wiznet

bumping the aquarium!
  12. Wiznet

Wading boot laces

Does anyone have any good lace suggestions? I tried out the yakoda guide laces and they didnt even last 4 months before one of the laces split in two.
  13. Wiznet

Non-Fly Cured Roe

I must’ve tucked up my batch. The eggs are falling off the membrane. What causes that?
  14. Wiznet

Not totally fishing related. But here’s a full 10 gallon setup with lights, filters, and some chems. Needs some TLC, but this would be a great package for a beginner aquarium enthusiast. Pickup in Seattle and comes with the shelf.
  15. Wiznet

Non-Fly The Green (Duwamish) River

Fished today on the lower. The snaggers were in full force. Was pretty disheartening to see all the poaching. Hooked quiet a bit fish but I’m pretty sure they were mostly foul hooks.
  16. Wiznet

Puget Sound

If anyone has an open seat for some duwamish pink home run derbys, I'd love to go and provide ample amounts of stoke and hype. I'll make sure to bring my own microphone and announce each pink you get as if it was the final goal of the world cup ;) "PIIIIINNNNNNKYYYYYY!!!! HE DOES IT AGAIN!"
  17. Wiznet

Non-Fly Cured Roe

So I've been diving into the world of curing eggs for river fishing. I've got a few questions. 1. Do yall dry your cured eggs and what is the point of drying them? 2. The guys at the outdoor store talked about hot cures and sweet cures. Specifically in regards to scent. When do yall like to add...
  18. Wiznet

Puget Sound

Went out this morning to my spot that produced well on Saturday/Sunday. Conditions seemed perfect, yet not a single fish to be seen. Kinda interesting seeing a dramatic change like this overnight.
  19. Wiznet

Puget Sound

How do the kayaks do out there? I’ve got a small inflatable one I’ve been thinking about launching there lol
  20. Wiznet

Puget Sound

Seemingly a horrible start to my morning with my truck bed cover closing and breaking my fly rod on the way to the beach. However I was determined to fish and strung up a 8 wt rod with my 6 wt line. Proceeded to have some of the best fishing I’ve had with 15 pinks landed and a few lost. Really...