Search results

1. J

FS Nextcast Steelhead Finder F1 525

Have a barely used 525gr SF F1. $55 PayPal shipped lower 48.
  2. J

St. Croix fly rods are back

I was glad to read recently that they were getting back into the fly game, as well as offering blanks to rod builders. The green SC4 blanks were always my favorite to build and fish with. Hope Tom is able to get them going in a solid direction in short order.
  3. J

Shitty Situation

This. He was the butcher at my local Vons store in SLO. It was at Montana de Orro State Park in 1989. Nude, wrapped in cellophane, wearing a scuba mask! We had his newspaper mug shot on our refrigerator.
  4. J

Uses for broken rod?

I have fly and gear rods that are married like Snakes suggests. In a couple of instances the franken versions are better than the originals. Likely be different colors with guides needing rewrapping but no big deal. I have one 10' 8-15# gear rod that has a lower modulus butt section with higher...
  5. J

SFR Chasing down trailer light problems (on the tow vehicle side)

I had a 1994 Ford Ranger that I towed a few different trailers with that had the same issue. The culprit was the ground. I can't remember exactly what I did to rectify but I do remember plugging a new 4 flat harness into the the factory connector junction behind the gas tank on the frame...
  6. J

Tips on buying a used drift boat

Pretty much what others have stated. And be prepared to spend twice as much as the boat is worth, per our current economy!
  7. J

NFR Favorite Iconic Scenes from Movies

Black Dynamite - "You need to shut the f*ck up when grown folks is talkin."
  8. J

Pen Tac Gear

I had a 1/4 oz copper Cleo on my key ring for many years. Even today if I had to choose one lure for the sole purpose of catching fish to stay alive it would be the baby copper Cleo.
  9. J

The evolution of baitcasting reels

Still have an Abu 6000 with side spool adjust, a couple original Lew's level winds, along with a half dozen Shimano Bantams in 100 through 400 sizes. The 200's were my faves for drift and hardware fishing through the late 90's, then retired for newer, better working models. I bought the last...
  10. J

Pen Tac Gear

Trip down memory lane there. I remember hand cutting and hand stamping all of the card inserts, along with printing and stickering the backs for all of the different offerings back in 05-07... PITA! If those were 1/0 and 2/0 octopus hooks from those first bulk batches (instead of siwash), I'd...
  11. J

talk to me about center-pinning

I've been working on a CP rod for trout, utilizing a cheap 4wt spey blank for the build. For some reason I got the inclination to fish dries/skaters on the pinwheel... so currently tinkering with float variations. They'll be weighted lengthwise affording horizontal ride on the surface as opposed...
  12. J

Favorite Bobbers / Floats

When I dig out one of the CP rods it's always a gray DNE 30 gm float with 5/8 oz inline weight, with rubber egg stops on either side of the float. A stop on either side makes it easy to slip or fix, and they won't slip through the tube. Simple. Since I still have a couple dozen DNE's (in three...
  13. J

SFR Chickens..

First post on the new site...about chickens instead of fishing! When I moved from the city back to the outskirts a few years ago we inherited four wild roosters. They were brothers and all cool in their own way. Always getting into some kind of trouble within their five acre wandering zone...