Search results

1. Aleforme

YT in the PNW

This would be great along with some info on various rigs (line, leaders, flies) for various conditions and times of year. And, while I'm not able to get to your store, you guys are the best online resource. Great inventory and great service.
  2. Aleforme

SOLD - Ross Colorado 4/5 Black

Ross Colorado 4/5 Reel - Black - $250 (Sold) Light used with just some very minor nicks on the body and some bright spots/rubs on the corners of the reel seat from being mounted. Backing included. This reel really is beautifully made. Super light and such a great sounding click-pawl sound...
  3. Aleforme

Guided trip question

I've been on a few trips down the Yak and I can say the biggest issue for me is line management. There are so many things to catch you line on around the boat, in the boat, etc. Half the time my line gets wrapped around my leg, or maybe the plastic clip on the side of my cooler or dry bag...
  4. Aleforme

Redington Classic Trout 590-4 - $100

When do you get back? I don’t mind holding it. Not in a rush and just want someone to use it. Jim
  5. Aleforme

Redington Classic Trout 590-4 - $100

Redington Classic Trout 590-4 -$100 Local Pick Only. I have this Classic Trout that is getting no use. I bought this about 2 years ago and used it maybe two times? It's a great rod but I just like my old Sage DS2 better. It's in great shape except for the butt cap/end that has come light...
  6. Aleforme

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

On a similar note, when I'm using OnX Hunt, some land is listed as "WA Private Lands" instead of having an owner listed. I think these might be accessible for the public? Private lands but vi agreement with the state, are public access? But, I'm not really sure. I found some info on...
  7. Aleforme

Wow, thanks for all the replies. I agree, bottom line is it's trespassing. I just see so many people doing it so I wondered if it was really enforced?
  8. Aleforme

How do you guys feel about crossing over or fishing on railroad property along rivers here in Washington? Maybe this has been discussed before but I haven't found anything here. I see a lot of access along various rivers that is railroad property and I'll also see well worn foot paths to and...
  9. Aleforme

Puget Sound

Was going to head out tomorrow for the first time in a while but the wind just isn't cooperating. Like you, the areas I was going to hit will be rough with this wind direction.
  10. Aleforme

Adjusting to a fast action rod

I can confirm this for sure. I run the OBS with a 6wt Boost Blue and if you get much more than the head out of the rod, it becomes much harder to get a good consistent cast of any real distance. As you mentioned, once the head is out, building the line speed with a couple hauls and the high...
  11. Aleforme

Streamer/Bass 7wt - Anyone tried the new Echo 84B?

Luckily, this will just be a dedicated streamer and bass rod. But, might see some SRC/Rezzie use. Regardless, mending needed.
  12. Aleforme

I appreciate it. I’ve only had Fenwick gear rods in the past and luckily never had a reason to use the “warranty”. But Fly Rods are a different animal and definitely more prone to breaks.
  13. Aleforme

Comment by 'Aleforme' in article 'Review: The Peerless Echo Eight Four-B Fly Rod'

Nice, just looked a little larger than normal so I was curious. Sounds like it's a non factor based on your casting. Thanks again!
  14. Aleforme

Comment by 'Aleforme' in article 'Review: The Peerless Echo Eight Four-B Fly Rod'

Wow, that's a great review. As you know, been on the fence with a couple rods for Bass and Streamers and this one sounds like a winner. Curious if what appears to be an exaggerated thumb ramp (?) toward the end of the Full Wells Grip gave you any issues? I tend to choke up a bit on the grip.
  15. Aleforme

I am, and I might just take you up on that in the next few weeks. I've got a lot of travel over the next couple of weeks so maybe after that. I might hit you up once things slow down a bit and I can actually find some casting time. I appreciate the offer. I'll read your review in a bit. Jim
  16. Aleforme

Yeah, still nothing.
  17. Aleforme

Thank you Jake! I'll take a look at your review but it's saying I don't have permission? Appreciate your time reviewing this rod!
  18. Aleforme

Gone - Sling Pack - Generic/No Name - Like New

Just PM me your address and I'll get it mailed out in the next couple days.
  19. Aleforme

So I'm on the hunt for a streamer rod that will do double duty for bass in a 7wt, 9ft. I've been looking mainly at the Echo Ion XL which a quite a few folk here seem to like per another thread and a Fenwick Aetos. I looked at the Echo Streamer X but we're not talking double the money. I'm...
  20. Aleforme

Gone - Sling Pack - Generic/No Name - Like New

Let me know if you want it. It's a nice bag.