Search results

1. G

How to search small streams Blue Lining (in Memory of OMJ)

Tom, fishing small streams with you is one of my favorite things. I love to watch you hook 3x as much fish, and larger fish on your well dialed euro method. But as you know, I am thrilled to get less fish but see them snap up my dry fly. Those 9 inch trout in your streams are monsters...
  2. G

Same here. Small stream with my 2 wt is my all time fav. Dull green or brown blends in well.
  3. G

Tom's tips for searching maps of small streams - see link to his you tube below 1. Look to tributaries of trout streams, or headwaters 2. Ground water temps below 60. See video for map of USA ground water temps. In Southern states, try for elevations above 1200 ft 3. At least 2...
  4. G

The Fly Fisher in Olympia Is No More

Wow I am going to miss Bjorn. He made furled leaders and custom glow in dark flies for my night adventures. Such a great fellow. He mailed both to me USPS for free in an envelope. I think I still have his last envelop and will hang on to it for sentimental purposes.
  5. G

Puget Sound

I lived close to that park when my son was a kid. I never did all that well other than casting practice. But since it was close, I could fish an hour or two and get back home to relieve my wife of baby duty.
  6. G

Puget Sound

That is a good looking old dog. Is it part Leonberger? Leonberger?
  7. G

Claybabies - Now I gotta keep my eyes out for them on puget sound salt shores

https://www.gigharbornow.org/news/arts-entertainment/two-in-tow-on-the-go-claybabies-are-a-fox-island-find/
  8. G

Riverside gutting knife...

I sharpened my keychain swiss army knife last week. First time in 30 plus years carrying and loosing those knives. It sharpened very well. It is amazing how complacent I had become to its dull surface
  9. G

Right Way Spring Company Tacoma - Excellent service today for drift boat trailer springs

If I remember correctly, I started with a small hammer and kept using heavier implimemts till the springs decided to straighten up.
  10. G

Books to find Washington State Small Trout

Thank You for posting the pics. I copied it and sent it to my family as request for birthday or Christmas gift ideas!
  11. G

Wow Dave, those look like gems. Oh gonna have to get my hands on them!
  12. G

Oh cool. I will have to check out the central cascades book. Sounds like you found my nirvana. Small streams, largish trout for the small streams. A 9" rainbow puts a huge bend in my 2 wt. Thanks Jarad for the heads up on the book. Always fun to read especially in winter and dream of hot...
  13. G

Here is best trout of Friday. I fished a Mt Rainier area creek and lake. This fish attacked a large stimulator that I choose to match an October Caddis style bug I saw pop out of the riffles leading into to the lake. From my angle, I could see under the riffles into the deepish drop off to...
  14. IMG_20230915_174554486_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230915_174554486_HDR.jpg

15. G

This fly fishing book was given to me in the early 2000's by one of my former Yakima river fishing buddies. Man she could lay line out and was accurate. Rainier had limited value because the park does not allow dogs, a deal breaker. Today, however, my lab mix is too old to hike, especially...
  16. IMG_20230918_164846154.jpg

IMG_20230918_164846154.jpg

17. G

Bless Old Man,RIP. He was a constant evangelist for getting out to explore the little blue lines. I have an interest in chasing sea run cutties in small streams in the hood canal. This book has been an enormous help on locating streams that may or may not hold sea runs. It is not a fly...
  18. IMG_20230918_164828181.jpg

IMG_20230918_164828181.jpg

19. G

Fall Harvest Trout

I just love this time of year. This creek has consistently produced "bigger" fish in Sept and October. I think the bigger fish may be sea runs. Caught over 10 four to 6 inch cutthroat, over 5 measuring 10 inches plus. A few were landed on a pink foam large fly. Had much better success...