Search results

1. DKL

Streamlining my boat options - NRS Slipstream 96??

I wanted to make a frame for the striker, I don’t know that I needed to but wanted to. There are times when I wrench hard on the oars in the striker and you feel the raft giving in a bit. I thought in some more technical water I’d appreciate a frame. However, the cost of the frame parts were so...
  2. DKL

I got to finally take mine out at the beginning of March. I’m really happy with it, but I’ll still be using the striker more until I get a trailer. I broke the frame down in 3 sections and deflated it to put it in the back of my Tacoma. It fits like that, is not very different in setup time from...
  3. DKL

Handgun Snake Shot

To be honest, I think I’ll probably not worry about it. I have had only a couple of run ins over the years, they have not been a problem for me. I was intrigued by it last year when a fella I was fishing with had it told me about it and showed me his. To be honest, I’m more concerned for my dog...
  4. DKL

Handgun Snake Shot

Curious if any of you in rattler country use snake shot/rounds in any of your pistols? I was introduced to the ability to do this last fall. I’m wondering if for those that do carry snake rounds or have carried them feel it actually does the job. My quick internet search revealed conflicting...
  5. DKL

The good boat deal thread

I believe those walker bay boats can be a little sailboat too.
  6. DKL

Why not a motor?

Cool, I just googled your setup and watched a video with someone scooting up a really shallow river. One day I’d have to consider something like this. I’m often on my own and the times I don’t go because a shuttle is available would no longer be an issue plus I wouldn’t have to pay for a...
  7. DKL

Boat bags?

Seems like a lot of these options sound like good old fashion tackle boxes.
  8. DKL

Fish Washington 2.0 App

True. I had to try a couple times for one river before the one I tried to select came up.
  9. DKL

Fish Washington 2.0 App

I did too. So far it is way better. Very quick, the old one was very sluggish. In addition to tides, they include river gauge data which is pretty cool. This appears to be a step in the right direction.
  10. DKL

Maxxon Widgeon raft?

I believe this has been around for quite some time. I have one, but got it used with a frame, and I bought it for the frame and have never used the raft. I would reach out to Dave (formerly with catchercraft) as I think they made the frame for the raft. So he should have an opinion, and I...
  11. DKL

What's your fishing rig?

That particular instance I was turkey hunting. Sometimes the good spots are on the other side of the river. That being said, I probably upland hunt in waders more times than not. We like to mix it up a bit on our floats. My avatar is of my partner.
  12. DKL

What's your fishing rig?

I just realized I left out my favorite fishing rig in my earlier post. I have the Scotty rod holder for the back, it attaches to the luggage frame between the seat and the pannier. I can carry either a Spey rod or single hander setup and ready to go. I don’t have any shots with the Spey rod but...
  13. IMG_1081.jpeg

IMG_1081.jpeg

14. 65057204927__1A89F248-088A-435F-BC30-9D9293D74C83.jpeg

65057204927__1A89F248-088A-435F-BC30-9D9293D74C83.jpeg

15. IMG_1736.jpeg

IMG_1736.jpeg

16. DKL

What's your fishing rig?

You win
  17. DKL

SOLD Catchercraft freestone raft

This is a great deal. I fish with Peter from time to time. He takes really good care of his stuff. I’m amazed at how clean his truck is each time I see it. I feel guilty every time I climb inside that I’m going to mess it up. I also have owned one of these rafts for a few years now. I don’t...
  18. DKL

Run Etiquette

I personally let shit like this bother me too much. I fish to enjoy myself and relax and I’m the kind of person that struggles to not let this kind of stuff get under my skin. If a guide came up to me as I was about to fish and basically tell me not to because he was going to later, I think I’d...
  19. DKL

That front seat is deluxe. The passenger should be pretty comfortable. Sitting in mine when I mocked it up I didn’t feel like there was less room than the striker, I thought there was more room actually. But as I mentioned earlier in the thread, that may have been because of the openness to the...