Search results

1. Peach

First Time Visit - Enchantments

Made my first visit to the Enchantments and into the Alpine Lakes Wilderness last Friday. Packed my Wilderness Ultralite Float Tube and took a day trip into a well-known lake. Surprisingly, I picked a good day as I didn’t encounter any other hikers on the way up and just two groups on the way...
  2. Peach

Difference Between a Redside & Redband Rainbow Trout?

I think this is a primarily Oregon question, but can anyone explain the difference between a Redside Rainbow Trout which is found in the Deschutes River System and a Redband Rainbow Trout which are native wild fish located in most rivers systems East of the Cascades? The ODFW mentions if you...
  3. Peach

FS Cortland LTD 120 Extra-large Graphite Fly Reel

This Cortland graphite LTD Extra-Large 120 reel has a palming rim with a smooth powerful disc drag . It easily converts from left to right-hand use. The reel is loaded with a floating line of some sort (unknown) . The reel shows minor wear from some use, not a lot. It's in good working...
  4. Peach

Wilderness Lite...The Ultralight Float Tubes - Ever Tried?

Has anyone have any experience using the Wilderness Lite Backpacker Pro from Wilderness Lite? Looking for any recommendation or feedback. I am looking a lite weight float tube to use to back into Alpine Lakes with. Ideally I am looking for a lite float tube which will fit into a backpack...
  5. Peach

Bucket List Check off – Golden Trout

Recently in my fly fishing adventures, I have been focusing on trying to catch different type of species on the fly. Most of the common trout and warm water species have been marked off of my species bucket list. This year’s target was a Golden Trout. As most of you know, Golden Trout are not...
  6. Peach

Fish/Depth Finder for Pontoon Boat & Fat Cat

Sorry for the continued beating of this dead horse but…. Are the telescope fish finders/depth finders like the old Humminbird 120 & 140 no longer exist? The kind that has a bracketed mount? I have done some searches on the interwebs and looks like nobody makes these types of telescope designs...