Search results

1. bearclaw_guajolote

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica....Fishing Advice?

I got to go to the Pacific side, around Tamarindo, back in '08. I was an 8th grader at the time. We did go on a charter but didn't catch much of anything. I was really hoping for some kind of billfish or roosterfish. This time we're going to the Caribbean which does have a completely different...
  2. bearclaw_guajolote

Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica....Fishing Advice?

We're headed down for two weeks at the end of September. Curious if anyone has fishing advice they'd like to share for this area on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. This is a family trip, not a fishing trip, but I'll be bringing my 9wt and a bunch of baitfish patterns for sure. Not much in the...
  3. bearclaw_guajolote

NFR Official Summer Concerts thread!

It can get wild in there for sure. Glad you guys were able to get a ride...one of the few times being in the backseat of a cop car doesn't suck :p
  4. bearclaw_guajolote

Love the familiarity with smaller bands. A lot of the bands I love end up at the same venues with the same attendees every year...to the point where they start recognizing you. It's pretty special to be able to have conversations with people who create art that moves you. I like a lot of...
  5. bearclaw_guajolote

The wife and I have tix to see Rise Against and Senses Fail this Friday in Spokane. Its been far too long since I've got in the pit to do some moshing. Senses Fail were the first hardcore band I ever saw...I remember my first time seeing them in 2010, driving down to Portland as a 10th grader...
  6. bearclaw_guajolote

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Played in a local charity golf scramble tournament on Saturday morning...my foursome shot even par, the winning team shot -4. Clearly our "mean mugging" did not intimidate the other teams into submission 🤣 Went out for post round beers and one of my buddies talked me into floating the river...
  7. 20220716_162912.jpg

20220716_162912.jpg

8. 20220716_124522.jpg

20220716_124522.jpg

9. IMG-20220716-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20220716-WA0009.jpg

10. bearclaw_guajolote

River Flows

Well it ended up being very slow fishing. One bull trout about 10" for 10 miles of river. We hammered the eddies and holding water every spot we could with sink tips and all manner of streamers. It just wasn't happening. Beautiful float as always though.
  11. bearclaw_guajolote

River Flows

These flows have been killing me....the annual "river is open, but too high to fish" suffering has been extended far too long. My river is fishable at 5000 CFS but still not primo. Doesn't matter...my cousin is coming over this weekend, we're gonna tie on the sink tips and the big meat, get the...
  12. bearclaw_guajolote

Trout and their lairs

Different day, but same spot. So many places they'll hold in this section. And not too many people target cutties in that neck of the woods.
  13. bearclaw_guajolote

Kenai Peninsula July 2021

I've dreamed of catching a Kenai king for a long time. I remember my Dad telling me about going for a guided trip there in the 90s. He said the awe and mystery was kind of ruined for him when the sun came up and he could see the golden arches of McDonalds right by the river and surrounded by...
  14. bearclaw_guajolote

What are you listening to?

A little bit of modern punk for me this morning. I saw these guys open for one of my favorite bands and have been following them since. My wife is going to see them live this Wednesday while I have to stay home and work 😭.
  15. bearclaw_guajolote

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

There's just something downright sexy about a well organized fly box, especially nymphs. Well done!
  16. bearclaw_guajolote

It really does!
  17. bearclaw_guajolote

NFR May the 4th be with you!

Catch you many fish the olive bugger will. For my secret spots, ask not. - Yoda, probably. Honestly I bet there was some sweet fishing on Dagobah.
  18. bearclaw_guajolote

A few more pictures from AK. (Exploring the lower Kasilof, not much action down there, but very beautiful. This was the same run where my Mom had landed a 45lb King 25 years ago when my folks went up for their 5th wedding anniversary.) (Shameless plug for my custom rod company, Bearclaw...
  19. bearclaw_guajolote

As part of our AK trip we set one day aside for a Halibut charter out of Seward. We ended up on a boat owned by our host's in-laws, Alaska Northern Outfitters. The captain and crew were amazing, and I feel they went above and beyond your average charter fishing experience. The skill and...
  20. bearclaw_guajolote

We made it back to Kenai and the serious harvesting began. I'm usually a C&R kind of guy, and would rather not catch a fish and not see anyone than play the combat fishing game...but I think everyone should take a stab at the Kenai Sockeye run at some point. In WA i've gernally found fishing in...