Search results

1. mems

Raquel passed away today

What a beautiful woman. She never did a nude for playboy. RIP
  2. mems

New Sage rod

I just saw Sage has a new rod for $1,100.
  3. mems

Fisherman goes over with ahi in Kona

A Kona fisherman was taken overboard by a big ahi today off C buoy. They haven’t found his body yet.
  4. mems

Dave Whitlock passed away

Heard Dave Whitlock passed away on thanksgiving from a stroke. Great guy and fly tier. Had some great patterns in the Rainy's catalog.
  5. mems

Mahi still around

Went out yesterday nice water got some mahi Got 4 and some small ahi. Weather turns nasty today with big swell and winds. Time to surf and chase bones.
  6. mems

80lb ahi on a popper

Got this 80lb yellowfin on a blue Rainy's 5/0 popper on my shimano trevella spin rod with 50lb power pro and 60lb fluro leader. It hit and the explosion looked like god dropped a bowling ball from heaven. Then it went down and drained half my spool. Got it to the boat in an hour and then it...
  7. mems

Fall mahi

got some mahi yesterday
  8. mems

Louie the fish passed away

Hawaiian and New Zealand fishing legend Louie "The Fish" lost his battle with cancer on Saturday. He was a great guy and a good friend he will be missed.
  9. mems

Lucky day

Super lucky today to finally get a big ahi. It has been a terrible season this year with cold water and little bait, but we got very lucky and got this nice 150lb ahi on the troll today. We are icing it down now and will cut it tomorrow. Should make some great sashimi and poke. Hit a small...
  10. mems

Ben gets a bone

Ben, aka "Pink Nighty" got his first bonefish the other day. He was very excited. He also hooked the 20lb Ulua swimming around in the pond, but that ended quickly. Ben did catch a lady fish for me to use today as a charlie to catch mahi mahi.
  11. mems

Pink Nighty gets an Impossible

Aloha took Ben, aka Pink Nighty out to A-bay yesterday. He got goatfish small papio, big puffer and this Pualu, yellow finned surgeon fish, I call them impossibles. Sadly he missed his shot at a 5lb bone when he lined it he saw how fast they are. Nice morning but the the wind went nuts, like...
  12. mems

#9 Redfish

Went to New Orleans and did some redfishing got this one and my cousin said look at the tail What do you know #9 Drew Brees My 2nd cousin John is a hella good fisherman Ate too many of these Ran into a couple of the right kine hurricanes https://imgur.com/a/TUv3da7 Almost got a gator...
  13. mems

Flyfishing inshore Kona

Makani Chritiansen asked me if I wanted to fish Kona with him. Went over yesterday and hit a spot only to find a school of pup blacktips at one of my bonefish spots. So I cast and got one of them. Pretty lucky with no wire. It put up a good little fight. Got a small Awa, milkfish on the...
  14. mems

Molokai bones

Went to Molokai when they cancelled our Christmas Island trip Went in search of big bones on the flats. Fished with my friend Doug as a plan B on missing our trip We used Joe Kalima as our guide , and we got to fish some clear huge flats. Got this nice omilu and had it for dinner last night...
  15. mems

Offshore Kona

Went offshore Sunday out of Kona. hit the Tsunami buoy. Got 4 shibi to 30lbs and a nice otaru aku. Got some rats on the fly. Then weather turned nasty. Bummer you have to go 30 miles in Kona to find fish. We were set to go to Christmas Island today but they pulled the plug on us. This was...
  16. mems

Washington Fly Fishing stole the salmon

Check out Washington Fly Fishing, they stole the salmon logo you use to enter this forum
  17. mems

Irish fortune

Was lucky for St. Patty's day and got this nice papio, also got a bone earlier same day.
  18. mems

Big Marsh Reds Video

Saw this on Kiene's board. Great video of some big reds in the marsh. I grew up there and it brought back some nice memories. Reds are good fun.
  19. mems

Palmyra Report

My friend Greg Moss just got back from guiding on Palmyra Island He took down a couple of TFO Axiom II X 12wt rods to try out and loved them on big GT's Really nice Peach trigger And the bonefishing is just stupid there
  20. mems

Monster ahi caught from land

https://www.bustedfishing.com/biggest-tuna-ever-caught/ Check out this huge Ahi caught from land on a spin rod. This is a famous rock in australia where numerous big Gt and even marlin have been caught on fly gear and spin gear.