Search results

1. dflett68

Men against the woods

glorious. thanks for this Dave.
  2. dflett68

Alpine. Lakes. Wilderness.

thanks for this @Phil K - great report. i also find your confusing fish to be confusing - but my guess is either westslope or a westy-based cuttbow.
  3. dflett68

Reel Refinishing?

A good thought but definitely not anodized.
  4. dflett68

Reel Refinishing?

Just what I had in mind. Nice work @Bambooflyguy and thanks for sharing. Did you fashion the handle on the second reel?
  5. dflett68

Reel Refinishing?

I bought an old SA System Two reel on ebay with two extra (3 total) spools. It's got the standard wear through the finish on the outside edges and I'm debating whether to leave it as-is or possibly remove the finish and go with bare aluminum. Seems like the potential cons would be reflection...
  6. dflett68

Visiting an old friend

same here, as low as monroe. i just figured it was gravity and time considering the populations higher up in the system.
  7. dflett68

Martha

i've only been out once this year, first week of june, and i got another big fat sloppy crappie right where i was catching stocked bows, in tight.
  8. dflett68

Martha

if you go from catching one of the zillions of stocked legals this time of year, to catching a bow of the same size that's grown up in that lake from a baby - you won't question the stocking of fry - you'll question the stocking of legals! additionally, if the legals weren't there every spring...
  9. dflett68

Martha

what makes you say you know? like everyone else, i can make no sense of why we don't encounter them, and we all know govt. reporting is as likely to be false as true - but this is what wdfw has published (actuals, not planned): i've seen at least one report from @Tim Lockhart with a big fat...
  10. 1686575412083.png

1686575412083.png

11. dflett68

Show off your favorite abandoned-garbage-riverside-homeless-camps of 2022!

i saw it sometimes when i was a kid fishing lake washington tributaries like juanita creek in kirkland, bear creek in redmond, and little bear creek in woodinville. not encampments - but like one guy living under a bridge near a grocery store where he'd have a steady supply of dumpster food -...
  12. dflett68

Salmo G....Birthday Boy !!!

when i was a kid, we had the "true trouts" - salmo gairdneri, salmo clarkii, salmo trutta, salmo aguabonita, et. al. ; the taxonomists have buggered that all up, but we still have @Salmo_g !
  13. dflett68

Cutbow?

I'm not seeing any bow in it. The markings on the back really are interesting, but I still think it's just coastal cutt. Sometimes in lakes it seems like they can get some really cool variations - maybe based on bottom color and diet? Are coastal/westslope hybrids a thing? Seems like they...
  14. dflett68

Tough fishing at a well-known central WA lake 2022/10/27

same here - the big tiger in my avatar took a whispy #12 or 14 soft hack hares ear. they were ignoring streamers.
  15. dflett68

anyone who hasn't caught a crappie lately - it's hard to imagine any fish species with a mouth more perfectly evolved for vacuuming small fish. i don't know a lot about them, but at another popular lake where the browns seem to have disappeared in spite of sustained stocking activity, i caught...
  16. dflett68

Thanks TP. I'll add to what I posted before that all of the published planting I can see in the extract from WDFW since 2002 are FRY regardless of species. The interesting thing to me relative to your brown/tiger comment is that they really haven't materially reduced stocking of browns -...
  17. dflett68

There's either something else besides stocking that explains what's changed there (and in other lakes), or else WDFW's published stocking numbers just don't foot with what actually gets stocked - and are not just off by a little. It seems universal that for years the reports there contain...
  18. 1667408091939.png

1667408091939.png

19. dflett68

Andros Island Bonefish Club

fantastic! thanks for this.
  20. dflett68

Will you now post fishing content on Twitter?

i've got an account but have never been able to get interested enough to keep the app on my phone. i won't post anything, but if you're going to post your fishing content, i'll follow along. @swimmy...? lots of swimmy_ handles over there - which is yours?