1. K

The "How was your weekend?" thread...

Hell yeah Jeff!
  2. K

Quite the opposite - my trusty Sage Pulse 697
  3. K

Didn't get out until this afternoon. It's been a rough year so far, this was quite the reward!
  4. IMG_4088-01.jpeg

IMG_4088-01.jpeg

5. K

American Made Flyrods

Korean fly rods absolutely rock! American rods sourced from Japanese materials are just as good. Who cares.
  6. K

The oldest rod you regularly use?

I always end up going with the newer 4 piece Sage or Hardy rods that live in the trunk of my wife's 4runner. But the rod I think of fishing most often would be the Scott G 903/2 I bought off WFF. It's such a special little rod, and one summer I caught literally hundreds of fish using it. It's...
  7. K

Hardy cassett fly reel Ultralite with spare spools(2) and neoprene case. $150.00

These are great reels! A little heavy, but they hold up
  8. K

The Mountain Whitefish, aka Short Fin Grayling thread

One of the best days of fishing in my entire life involved nothing but whitefish. My good friend and I fished a tributary of the Big Hole over 4th of July 2019. Green drakes and yellow sallies were everywhere. I missed quite a few fish on the drake pattern, thinking these were large brook trout...
  9. IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

10. K

NFR 2022 Baseball Thread

They did it!
  11. K

First Fly that you tied and Caught a Fish With

First fish on my own fly - we had a pond my friends and I would trespass onto and fish when I was 10 years old. Garcia glass rod, Pflueger Medalist, and the first fly I ever even attempted : a hare's ear with no weight or bead. That pond had some nice crappies. It must've been at least another...
  12. K

Total impulse buys that turned out to be awesome

The Redington Tempt (CT) 586 I bought for $60 back in 2012 has surprised the heck out of me! I finally tried it camping with the kids in the Sawtooths this summer. It's definitely my rod of the summer, and it will be missed once the dry fly fishing goes away.
  13. K

When you can't get out on the water

It's been an insane year, and it's been tough to get out besides in-town fishing. I spend my mornings stashing spots on Google when I can't get out.
  14. K

Gear I love! Old, new.. what are your favorites that you won't part with?

I'm pretty attached to lots of my gear. Two that jumped out at me in my FB pics - Circa 589 and the Flyvines lanyard. Good memories with those.
  15. K

Show us your go to “Happy Place”

I'm happiest fishin with the wife. Hoping to do lots of that this summer. Yes, finally a girl that said "I want to learn to fly fish" actually meant it.
  16. K

Show us your go to “Happy Place”

I'm happiest fishin with the wife. Hoping to do lots of that this summer.
  17. K

Took the Stepkids Fishing

It was hard to keep from casting at the bubbles as they floated by.
  18. K

Took the Stepkids Fishing

We got skunked, but 70° in March on a nice gravel bar made it worthwhile.
  19. K

Choosing a fly line for your rod

Not something you need, and not all that great for dry flies unless you're fishing hoppers. If you end up with a bunch of gear, a nymph line is a great addition. I have a 6wt that pretty much only gets used for nymphs and streamers - it has Airflo Nymph/Indicator on it. Regular lines on the...
  20. K

NFR How's the housing market where you live?

She's gonna crash. I'll keep renting until that happens.