Search results

1. T

Little Update

Congrats. WA state again has a fly fishing tuna captain.
  2. T

Eels

I'd love to catch one on your boat, they taste so so good. In New England waters the closely related species are called "wolf fish" and not "wolf eel". I caught one there 4 or so feet long, on a party boat trip when I was young. Still probably the best white fish I have ever eaten, they eat...
  3. T

Survive the Sound 2024

I signed up several weeks ago, and noticed today that Steve from PNWFF double dipped the "Bodhi" salmon with me... Our chances of making sure one of our fish survived the sound are better if we all have different fish. I would prefer to keep Bodhi, although chances of small Duwamish fish making...
  4. T

WA non-profits trout related.

Long Live the Kings Trout Unlimited Various others in the steelhead and native fish space, though not all fisherman like their thinking.
  5. T

2024 NOF

I think I might know what all the hubbub is about... 1-2 more weeks of Sept. 29, 2023, 4-7 pm fishing. Sign me right the f*** up for more chances at hungry late season coho pushing in hard. That kept me warm all winter.
  6. T

2024 NOF

No early October coho in MA9 as initially proposed... ☹️
  7. T

FishWA App Update

My app lists that as "Stonedfish is only allowed to fish this area for SRC and coho salmon, and sculpin, 2024+" Sorry for the bad news.
  8. T

Crossing/Entering Railroad property along Rivers?

I cross and use tracks for river access, regardless of signage. Think it's mostly total BS that rail lines can be posted and enforced, especially considering how many of those trackways were public lands given to the companies to incentive them building the railway, or no provisions for public...
  9. T

Puget Sound

I was in the deep south sound Saturday and saw a few small schools of smallish fry swimming around on top through the day. It was calm, so here and there were small dimpling fish in many places, even if I didn't try to go look at them. No idea what they were, other than definitely salmon fry.
  10. T

2024 NOF

Interesting proposed seasons in NOF meeting slides at WDFW page. Looks like a lot of open terrain for salmon fishing (barring the inevitable surprise closures), even with 8 days of October coho. Will clear my schedule for those days...
  11. T

2024 NOF

Thanks for the details and data. Is there a type of "critically hooked" fish that isn't bleeding or gill hooked, that then dies shortly after, within that 24 hr? Tongue maybe? Eye, though rare outside of shakers? Or are general stress effects included in the critically hooked category? I agree...
  12. T

2024 NOF

I remain quite curious about how high "delayed mortality" rates might be for released coho. I started beach fishing for coho in 2014-2015, and have caught quite a number of them since then. For direct immediate mortality in released adult fish, something I remember when I see it, I am pretty...
  13. T

2024 NOF

I like to jig up a few ocean kings in 11. I would vote for July 20th or so for enough of the real fish around that you might have a decent chance at one, that last July week can be pretty good. Plus I think the later the season goes, the more the fish seem to be suspended in 11, and jigging...
  14. T

Boat bags?

Better and easier and cheaper to just ship some of the good stuff in there to me...
  15. T

What have you done for your boat lately?

The time to sand and finish just slays me for a project like your road vault. That's at least a week there, just sanding, I would guess. My dad was a carpenter, so I grew up on job sites too, and worked construction quite a bit until I was done school. I do like building in wood because of...
  16. T

What have you done for your boat lately?

Respect. I have built many things with wood, and its clear I am in kindergarten and will likely stay there... Nice shop.
  17. T

NFR "The Hypocrite" TGR film about advocacy/fossil fuels/Outdoor State

To echo others, I am in the midst of some industry-pollution issues.. from what I have seen, "industry" seems pretty darn comfortable killing a lot of things to make a buck more, even when it's totally clear what needs to be done. If they can get away with it, they will.
  18. T

And one more comment: there is no one single action that is a silver bullet. Keeping us at 1.5-2C will take doing 10-30 things together that are all smallish each, but add up to make enough of a difference to hold the line.. that's actually a good thing, many paths and ways to get to an...
  19. T

Came late to this thread, but many of the things talked about here lack data and context.. for the best description of all the systemic and non-systemic actions and solutions needed to keep us at 1.5-2.0 C increase, Project Drawdown has the goods and technical and economic data for you, ranked...
  20. T

lithium battery questions

Most newer trolling motors can handle the lithium power just fine, you need to check what the story is with your specific motor. Lithium are more expensive, but last much longer, deplete more slowly while sitting, are half the weight, and provide more power from the same amp-hour rating battery...