Search results

1. Russell

Redington Rods

I have an older redington spinning rod that the reel seat broke lose and spins. They were lifetime unconditional warrantied and a few years back they said that they would replace it with any rod from their lineup. Never got around to it and was hopping they would launch another round of gear...
  2. Russell

Can you post a video from your phone

How can you do that or can you
  3. Russell

Rod storage

Finally might be getting things figured out
  4. Russell

Simms roll top waist pack

Putting everything together for a steelhead trip to the trinity and noticed my simms roll top waist pack is coming apart at the seems. Figured I'd get more than 20yrs out of this thing. 😂 What's the latest and greatest these days. Sagebrush still?
  5. Russell

Pawn Sale

Stopped in a pawn shop that had 25% off everything in the store. Managed to find this in a display case in back. Now I need to turn the old fisher 9.5’ 6wt glass rod into a trout pinning rod.
  6. Russell

Finally getting some good weather down here and the bite is on.

Rain has let up down here in CA and the halibut are biting in the bay. Went out with a buddy who has been limiting out in time to get back for lunch every trip. Nothing too big but great eating and a great day in the Bay.
  7. Russell

looking for a fast sinking line

Putting together a 10wt outfit that I hope to use for california halibut down here in the bay. The halibut down here are within reach and I will be mostly fishing at 10-25 feet and will also most likely hook up with stripers, leopard sharks, and skate in the same waters. I'm looking for a good...
  8. Russell

Ducks 2022

Slow start but promising with new rain. Im not so into ducks but the kid is.. He is now doing the work.
  9. Russell

Turkey Day on the Trinity

Rented a place on the Trinity river for Thanksgiving this year. Such a nice place, right on the river with a launch you can start or finish your drift from in the yard. Very low and clear while we were there and the fishing was slow but we had a few great drifts. The low water meant donating...
  10. Russell

Some light glass out today

Made it out for small stream trout today. Took a Scott glass 3wt and girlfriend fished an echo riverglass 3wt. Had a great day.
  11. Russell

Thrift shop grills

Along with fly rods and reels I have a weakness for boats and grills. Numbers in the double digits for all of them. I have a primo kamado grill but couldn't help myself when I saw this at the thrift shop. Portable! Double walled steel instead of ceramic which is nice if you are taking this...
  12. Russell

Upper Sacramento river.

Had the chance to stay this weekend on the upper sac. Wonderful scenery and whether but the fishing never took off. Salmon flys were hatching and landing on the river but I could not raise one fish to a dry fly and never saw one fish rise. Nymphing river as suggested by fays the local fly...
  13. Russell

Airflo 40+

Is there an equivalent airflo 40+ line to the ones peope liked for beach src fishing in the new airflo line up?
  14. Russell

Most scenic places to crap in the west.

I remember years ago hiking up to a lake that was out there in the cascades, forget which one now, and heading out to find a place to crap after setting up camp. To my surprise, still remember to this day, I found a toilet seat mounted between two trees with a spectacular mountain view. Wish I...
  15. Russell

Gear-Fishing Dirtbags vs. Fly fisher bumper stickers

What are you seeing at them pullouts along the river?
  16. Russell

Spoon fishing storage options

Anyone have a better way to store spoons than the typical sectioned box?
  17. Russell

Albacore gear and connections

Buddy picked up a new boat and plans to take it out from the north coast down here in ca. I’m hoping to get invited out with him and hopefully maybe even get a chance to use a fly rod. Wondering what gear is needed. I have a scientific anglers glass 13wt and a Pate marlin and believe these...
  18. Russell

Taking things a little slower

Well with the lack of ammo right now I thought this impulse purchase would help me slow things down a bit when out having fun target shooting. What a blast to shoot :ROFLMAO: Love the big smoke clouds with each shot and much easier to load and shoot than I thought it would be. Seems to be a...