Search results

1. Norm Frechette

Happy New Year

2. Norm Frechette

Material wanted

3mm polyester macrame cord in orange I'm looking for a 1 foot long or so of the above color macrame cord in orange please only 3mm in size online craft retailers sell it but in quantities i'll never use. i want some for tying flies not making plant hangers I will trade 1 dozen hairwing...
  3. Norm Frechette

Wanted

3mm polyester macrame cord in orange I'm looking for a 1 foot long or so of the above color macrame cord in orange please only 3mm in size online craft retailers sell it but in quantities i'll never use. i want some for tying flies not making plant hangers I will trade 1 dozen hairwing...
  4. Norm Frechette

Black Squirrel Tail

Dyed black squirrel tail is harder to find than the oak island treasure would i bleach a gray squirrel tail before dyeing black or just dye it black? is there a recipe for black dye?
  5. Norm Frechette

Fly tying thread

When you tie with one brand of thread long enough you get a feel for that thread I use veevus 12/0 threads for most of the flies I tie but I have noticed lately it seems like it is much larger than 12/0, more like 6/0 or 8/0 It builds up faster than 12/0 thread should Maybe the spools are...
  6. Norm Frechette

I highly recommend...

...a periodic inspection of your fly tying feathers for BUGS! I recently went to use a whiting farms red hen cape and found it was infested with larvae of some kind. They were about 1/4 inch long and wiggling After inspecting all of my whiting farms hen capes, 4 of them were infected with...