Search results

1. mcswny

Second fishing trip in my new truck

I don't know, this is pretty close.
  2. mcswny

gear price jumps

Oh shit, I could cast into the backing on that fly line as well!
  3. mcswny

Uh, do we name the lake? Trip report protocol?

I like this way of thinking about it.
  4. mcswny

gear price jumps

This. I would love to try different lines to pair with rods so I make sure I buy the “right” one but I end up just resort to forums 🤦‍♂️
  5. mcswny

April / May Tying Contest

Interested in doing a material list or SBS?
  6. mcswny

April / May Tying Contest

“Borrow”
  7. mcswny

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

What do you guys do to mark/sign your rods? My first build, I didn't write anything on it. But this one I'm working on now (just mounted the cork and taped the guides), I'd at least like to get the rod blank name on it. thanks! tim
  8. mcswny

gear price jumps

9. mcswny

gear price jumps

I saw this the other day and started to write this exact post and got distracted.
  10. mcswny

gear price jumps

You’ll have 8 by years end ;)
  11. mcswny

What's Catching You Fish?

I was promised big mommas but only found teen moms. This mop ish fly caught a couple tweens here. Not mad for a Wednesday with @ColinShots
  12. IMG_8695.jpeg

IMG_8695.jpeg

13. IMG_8699.jpeg

IMG_8699.jpeg

14. IMG_8698.jpeg

IMG_8698.jpeg

15. IMG_8697.jpeg

IMG_8697.jpeg

16. mcswny

Pizza oven thread

I thought about it because a similar thing happened with my oven I built in Estacada. I finished it then 6 months later I moved. Problem was with having to rent back our new house in Portland for a month I didn’t have anywhere to put it. So I just built a better one 🤷‍♂️
  17. mcswny

Pizza oven thread

So I saw on the pizza forums that this guy JUST finished his oven and then had to move. He did some quick research and found he could actually move it with him. He basically tunneled under the slab—two tunnels. So he could get straps through. Rented a a crane to lift it and then swung it over...
  18. mcswny

Pretty crazy "camping/fishing on a cliff video.

That contraption he uses to winch the fish up is rad.
  19. mcswny

Black bamboo “ugly stick”

Good lord, retirement is treating you well
  20. mcswny

Steelhead bycatch on the Deschutes

I'm so confused. I know Maupin has been sportin' those "Don't Bend Maupin" but since when did Maupin officially become "Urban"?