Search results

1. Bugmeister

Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

Ah crap he went to Raiders instead. Oh well.
  2. Bugmeister

Official 2024 NFL Season Discussion

Kind of hope the TE from Georgia falls to SEA…..waiting……
  3. Bugmeister

NFR They weren’t kidding auto insurance

Yep I’m a USAA fan. Homes and autos over the years have also been with USAA. Even there, unfortunately, policy costs for auto and home are going up pretty substantially. When I called to discuss (“ been with you for decades and outside of some windshield replacements not a single claim….why...
  4. Bugmeister

The Perfect Storm (aka fishing on westside this afternoon)

Finally got to the beach and had to wrestle the boat and everything else back to my truck in howling winds. My shoulders are smoked from the gym, the paddle, and then wrangling an 11’ boat over my head and carrying it through a windstorm while also carrying an anchor, seat, paddle, fly rod, and...
  5. Bugmeister

Fast forward to about 3:30 and it was victory at sea. I had to paddle across the open lake into ridiculous headwinds with gusts > 40 knots and - suddenly - some of the larger waves I’d seen on the lake in a long time. Photo of my journey below:
  6. IMG_0089.jpeg

IMG_0089.jpeg

7. Bugmeister

After waking up, hitting the gym, and taking a morning trail walk with my wife, I figured I had earned myself some fishing time this afternoon. I pumped up the 11’ fishing kayak, grabbed the anchor system and all the related boat gear, and headed down to the lake. 1:30 pm barely a cloud in the...
  8. IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2808.jpeg

9. IMG_2806.jpeg

IMG_2806.jpeg

10. IMG_2805.jpeg

IMG_2805.jpeg

11. Bugmeister

How to search small streams Blue Lining (in Memory of OMJ)

Yes! I really love fishing dries, small streamers, and wets/soft hackles in small water. Small water browns especially. I don’t have any rod lighter than a 3 weight but love fishing bamboo and glass 3 wts.
  12. Bugmeister

Westside lakes waking up?

I took one of my kayaks out this morning to enjoy the sunshine and fish a bit. Couldn’t interest any bass but the perch bite was decent. Caught 7 or 8 little guys.
  13. IMG_2788.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

14. IMG_2791.jpeg

IMG_2791.jpeg

15. Bugmeister

Favorite bass rod weight, what you got?

Sage Bass II Smallmouth. I occasionally use an H2 8 weight but that Sage Smallmouth rod is my go-to
  16. Bugmeister

The start of Topwater 2024😝

I was so stoked after reading your post @Billy that on a break between meetings today I ran over to a local pond, strung up a rod, and started scouting for bass. Still pretty early for this spot and topwater wasn’t working (water temp was low 50s) so I switched to a crayfish pattern and started...
  17. Bugmeister

N. Idaho

I think you might be referring to a Nemoura. Fairly common early spring bug in Montana at least. I spent years and years thinking they were “Nomura” just like you until one of my biology professor trout-bum uncles set me straight. I asked him how this Japanese guy named Nomura managed to get...
  18. Bugmeister

Panama

I have been to Panama several times over the years (to surf) but never on the Caribbean side - the pics look really cool. The Pacific side had great surf, but some spots were pretty sharky. As an added element, one of the outer islands we used to surf had a gnarly prison on the island. The...
  19. Bugmeister

Beer and reels

I’m in Ireland at present. Guinness on draft is pretty good when you get it from the source. The water makes it better perhaps.
  20. Bugmeister

a good stuff thread?

Those are the best! As a kid I used to get Crown bags from my grandfather or father. They were used to store all manner of what I thought of as treasure. Shells, rocks, etc.