Search results

1. A

Thank You

Just a quick thank you to a couple guys who did everything possible to assist me on a ten day stay in the beautiful state of Washington You went above and beyond just lending advice and I had a fantastic time there. By the time I left I had fished 5 different rivers and did catch a nice bright...
  2. A

NFR Humor

3. A

Boat bags?

Wouldn't you know while searching for an unrelated image in my photo files I came across this. That is what I used from the mid 1990's until a few years back when I cleaned up my act. They are nice tote bags if you are going shooting because you can pop 5 boxes of Double AA's in there and a...
  4. A

Backyard Wildlife

Here are a few more critters that turn up in the yard now and then, more like along the edge of the lawn or woods. Great Gray Owl; Northern Hairy Woodpecker; This is a look down the drive , gives an idea of where pictures are taken maybe... The old one car garage is converted into my...
  5. A

Boat bags?

The one I have has a leather patch on it with a Woodcock embossed on it and the word, Timber-doodle. I got it at a Rough Grouse Society banquet back in the early 1980's. Used it as a shooting bag for weekly skeet until my buddy died in 1992 and then repurposed it into my tackle bag. Orvis sold...
  6. A

Backyard Wildlife

During winter which typically starts in mid October there isn't much by way of diversity that shows up on my lawn. Our home is on a piece of land that is all birch and spruce forest except the area I cleared and made into a lawn. Because we are not split into lots with houses packed in this is...
  7. A

Boat bags?

Hi, I'm another user of the Simms large boat bag. It made me feel much more professional and frankly better about myself because it made me organize. For 30 years I had used a canvas tote that I covered with a contractor bag for rainy days. It was a top loader like a giant ladies handbag and I...
  8. A

Five things I learned today from this "truck fell through the ice" article...

A fellow went through the ice on the lake where our cabin is located in 2021. He was driving one of those all terrain track vehicles made in Finland. If I remember correctly the machine without the trailer weighed right around 5 tons and he had a 650 pound snowmobile loaded in the bed of the...
  9. A

NFR Humor

Picked up a hitchhiker yesterday. I drive for a little while and he says, "Thanks but how do you know I'm not a serial killer?" I glance at him and say, "Because the odds of 2 serial killers riding in the same truck are astronomical don't you think". He didn't say anything else and got out...
  10. A

Advice / Information Request;

Hi Steve, I knew you were registered here because I saw your wood burning post. I'm kinda familiar with where you are located there because I often come into the Seattle airport then drive either north west or east to reach destinations. We have been experiencing a traditional winter here the...
  11. A

Advice / Information Request;

Hi, Ard from Alaska posting again, this time not about a lost item but seeking some advice preferably via Private Message. Last year was my first time fishing on the Peninsula and I have no idea if the water levels were low or normal. I was there the last couple days of February and first week...