Search results

1. C

It finally happened, almost

Sounds like sage advice. Thank you!
  2. C

That makes sense. We stood there for probably a minute discussing how to land him and he was just there. I guess I should have waited a while longer and let him do his thing
  3. C

I think I'll look into a net. Any recommendations? Man, spooking him when he was right there seems insane, but of course I couldn't tire him if he didn't want to fight.
  4. C

What do you mean nag them to death? How do you land them with 20 or 30 feet of line off the reel?
  5. C

Well, it happened again! This time with a much larger fish, probably 12 lbs or so I'm guessing. It was strange, he didn't fight almost at all, I basically reeled it right to me, I had him at a rods length of line and waited for my buddy to come over. It was a somewhat steep bank, I was knee...
  6. C

I'll try to keep my cool next time! Thanks for the tips
  7. C

Thank you for the validation and encouragement!
  8. C

I hope there are many more, casting with anticipation rather than wonder
  9. C

An absolute thrill. After all that effort, it was unmatched
  10. C

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm gonna touch the next one though, I have to 🙂
  11. C

I've been at it really hard this winter for steelhead. It's my first winter, following fishing last summer on the Deschutes quite a bit. Never had a tug except an occasional trout. I tried gear fishing for a couple years too, never caught a steelhead. Saturday was low and clear on my favorite...
  12. C

FS New Outcast Clearwater

Pm sent
  13. C

Cracking sink tips

Update - I peeled off a few inches of the coating and tied a perfection loop in the end to get rid of that big bulky knot I had. Much cleaner. When I first found the crack I was concerned that the sink tip would sever entirely. Now that I've stripped it I know what's inside. Btw, where is the...
  14. C

Cracking sink tips

So you're talking about an up to 6 foot diy tapered leader after the sink tip?
  15. C

Cracking sink tips

I meant 12# actually. 10 felt too light for whatever reason.
  16. C

Cracking sink tips

I saw someone selling on ebay for $.99/foot. Same price I paid for the Rio stuff, not bad...
  17. C

Cracking sink tips

Interesting idea with the acetone. I'll give that a thought. I was using 12# fluro for my leaders but I didn't like how it was getting nicked up, so I switched to 13# maxima which I like a lot better. It seems more durable even though fluro is supposed to be more abrasion resistant.