Search results

1. BigSplashTom

Coffeepot Lake

Ran over to Spokane to visit a friend with a spinal cord injury for 4 days. Tough to say the least. I had one day to fish Coffeepot Lake Wednesday 4/3 for the first time. No clouds temp. ~ 54F, Wind 6 to 10 mph coming straight down the lake, Water temp. 44F. Fished from 8 to 3pm. Slow day but...
  2. BigSplashTom

Hummingbird Fishing Buddy

Hummingbird Fishing Buddy with Mount. You have to pick it up from West Hill of Auburn. And it really works.
  3. BigSplashTom

Keel Fly Hooks

Mustad 79666 Keel fly hooks size 4, 6, & 8. About 50 to 75 hooks in each bag. Purchased them 30+ years ago and only used a few. There is also Qty. 14 Eagle Claw straight eye hooks. No model or size listed.
  4. BigSplashTom

Crap at the Ramp

Had a couple hours today to wet a line for the first time in 2024. Geared up and bounced over to lake Killarney in Federal Way. I pulled into the parking area and Parked next to the launch is a beat up 1990's Honda Civic with two piles of crap smoking crap from aluminum foil. Just Great! No...
  5. BigSplashTom

Bamboo Conversion and Projects

This past June I was a well-entrenched plastic rod fly fisherman. I have a 8ft Bamboo rod but hate the weight and slow action. Bambooflyguy talked me into letting him restore a bamboo rod a dying friend sent me. Bambooflyguy spun some magic on this rod and it's now my goto Indicator rod. In...
  6. BigSplashTom

Aquatic vegetation

What is happening to aquatic plants in our Western Wa. lakes this year? It seems like aquatic vegetation such as Bullrushes, Rushes and Cattails in every lake that I have fished are significantly depleted or completely missing. Any biologists in our community that can shed some insight on what...