Search results

1. WWKimba

The Ark Swap - my first fly swap on this site

I've got info from the 3 tyers whose work I haven't had the pleasure of seeing yet. All will get their flies in the mail my no later than Monday, April 10th. I want to thank you for your patience and I'll turn those flies around and get them out in the mail to you all. From the patterns so...
  2. WWKimba

Those darn aliens!:eek: What happens now? I'm sorry that you have this problem. I usually bring fresh apples for the ponies! :rolleyes: Just let me know what you decide about the swap. Kim
  3. WWKimba

Today's the 3rd (due date for the flies). I am waiting for 3 more to clear the mails and I'll get them divided and back out to you all. I thank you for your patience, Kim
  4. WWKimba

What's in your vise?

I could very well picture that tied a bit smaller with some orange McFly foam for a yolk tied on. Kim
  5. WWKimba

I gotta say that Wayne and Gary have given this swap a fine start! I can't wait to see the rest of the flies coming in! Kim
  6. WWKimba

Table Scrap Challenge

I usually get a bottle of wine, relax, and just grab something and see how things go together! I find the best outcomes are when I'm not wearing my glasses! Kim
  7. WWKimba

Beginner trying to find a spot

Sorry I ignored the beer question. It so happens that a couple of the wineries (there's one on the northern tip of Seneca Lake where you simply walk 5 feet from the wine tasting to the beer tasting room! there are also a couple cideries where the distilled liquor and cider tasting areas are...
  8. WWKimba

That's 3 wine trails NOT a 3-wine trail!🥴
  9. WWKimba

I've got several fine warm and cold-water spots along with3 wine trails within an hour or so drive from my house. But since I'm from central NY it would be a bit of a drive for most of you! Not much for saltwater fishers but since 10 percent of ALL the world's freshwater passes a couple...
  10. WWKimba

Fly fishing mentor

Check out the swaps I'm starting to host on this site. My swaps are open to all level/experienced tyers. I've been tying for over 50 years and hosting fly swaps on various sites for going on 12 years now. Help I can provide to newer tyers include: providing a selection of fly patterns...
  11. WWKimba

We now have 9 total in this swap. Thank you all! Don't worry about the "2 minute" part of this swap! All you need do is get out a 2023 calendar and use that as your timing devise! That's how do it;) ! Kim
  12. WWKimba

New Fly Swap on the Books!

Sorry for the late reply. Registration closes on March 3rd and flies are due in by April 3rd. We now have 3 openings left in the swap and registration closes on March 3rd. Let me know on the swap thread if you decide to join in the fun! Kim
  13. WWKimba

Thanks for trying to cover for me, but, I am retired and normally check my fly tying/swaps sites at least once daily. But. as I said, I was called out to take care of my drinking buddy. An update, he had a 105 fever 2 nights ago, started meds yesterday and today he was much nearer normal...
  14. WWKimba

Nope! Besides, the way I drive I'd be a "run into!". I have a little drinking buddy that just turned one and he's been sick. His grandfather is my sig other's brother. He and his wife both work and got this little guy at 2 1/2 months with 2 broken legs, 3 broken ribs and fluid around c3/c4...
  15. WWKimba

What's in your vise?

2X2's from the Stone Condiment series. Annatto - My attempt to create a series inspired by Josephine Sedlecky-Borsum and her Hot Mustard - which will be featured next month. This represents a small orange stone dry and can be tied on a larger hook for the October stone. Hook - Mustad 94840...
  16. WWKimba

What's in your vise?

Here's a design by a very talented 12-year-old! Maple Syrup - Designed by Holly Theriault (some sources erroneously credit this to Holly's father Alvin) of Staceyville, Maine to imitate the Hexagenia mayfly nymph. This pattern has been modified with many tying variations - there are 15...
  17. WWKimba

What's in your vise?

I've seen his fine work for ~14 years now. I had him in a couple of my swaps on another site and thought I had him figured out! You see I ALWAYS knew that his pictures were photo-shopped. My only problem now is to find out he photo-shopped his swap flies!! One thing I can say though is that...
  18. WWKimba

What's in your vise?

A couple 2X2 dries today Pale Evening Dun - A pattern from Skip Morris Hook - standard dry, 16-18 Thread - black Tail - blue dun cock fibers Body - pale yellow dubbing Wings - blue dun cock hackle tips Hackle - blue dun cock Bluet Damsel This is an example of an off body fly pattern...
  19. WWKimba

What's in your vise?

Here are todays 2X2's named for the waters they were first fished. KG's Spring Creek Scud - Originated by Kelly Glissameyer for his home spring creek. Hook - TMC 2488, 12-14 Thread - olive or tan Tail - natural and/or synthetic dubbing mix to match natural Shellback - clear plastic bag...