Search results

1. Scslat

Shrinking fish worldwide

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/05/04/fish-shrinking-warmer-temperatures-climate-change/ Maybe this is why I only catch dinks. But seriously, this is scary stuff. It's behind a paywall, but think it deserves a posting. I hope many of you can read it.
  2. Scslat

Spey Clave in Southern BC - April 14th 2024

Another free opportunity to join with fellow Spey enthusiasts, but this time north of the border. An easy drive from Bellingham, though. https://myflyshop.com/CTE-details.cfm?ID=13&catID=3&subCatID=16
  3. Scslat

Naches River below Tieton confluence?

Anyone fish this section? It's near the road, which makes access easy but reduces the experience (IMHO). Consequently, I've never fished the stretch from the Tieton confluence down to the Yakima. Don't want specifics, just wondering if anyone else has experience in this very long stretch of...
  4. Scslat

Forum Members in BC?

I split my time between Vancouver, BC and the Kitsap peninsula in WA. I'd love to find some new fishing partners in the lower BC mainland, or folks from WA who want to do some fishing north of the border. I'm hoping to get out a lot more often this year, including getting serious about trout in...
  5. Scslat

Echo Fiberglass Spey

I made it an artificial long weekend this week. Spent all day on the Sauk yesterday looking for chrome with @the_chemist and a great guide. Fun day and we fished some outstanding looking water, but not a tug for either of us. We saw one fish caught and conversations at the ramp suggest that...
  6. Scslat

Questions on a rod passed on from my dad

Hi All. I'm hoping for a bit of insight from this group on a rod that I received from my father. He used it when he was a kid (1940s/1950s), but it hasn't seen use since. There are no markings on the rod or the tube. My dad thinks that it may have been made by his fly fishing mentor and uncle...
  7. Scslat

Fly fishing a jungle river in Costa Rica

Thought I'd pass along a short report from my recent trip to Costa Rica. I spent a day fishing in the jungle for Machaca with a friend. As it turned out, we were a few weeks early for prime Machaca fishing, but we got a few fish and had an interesting, fun day on the water. These fish are a lot...
  8. Scslat

Upper Pitt River in BC

Anyone fished the upper Pitt River in British Columbia? I'm planning a trip with a couple of friends in mid-July. Anyone had any experience there at that time of year? My understanding is that we'll largely be targeting sea-run bull trout, maybe some early salmon. But I'm also wondering about...