Cart for Super Fat Cat

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
This is my first attempt to post pictures strictly from my phone. My granddaughter gave me a new Pixel for Christmas and I am just now getting it sorted out.

The pics are of a new cart I recently modified to wheel my Super Fat Cat into some walk-in lakes. In the past I have either carried the SFC in on my back or attached a dual wheel assembly to my Predator to wheel it in. Both have their drawbacks but the new cart eliminates most of the shortcomings of the other 2 methods. With the 20'' wheels it is really easy to roll over even rough ground. The Predator wheels are only 16" and one end of the boat has to be lifted to roll it. The new cart when being pushed is just about level and almost perfectly balanced over the wheels, the only effort needed is what it takes to push it. A soft pack cooler-not shown-attaches to the front of the frame with no hardware required.

Now instead of stripping everything down to a bare minimum for the walk-in I can take a depth finder, anchor, a decent lunch with drinks and any other accoutrements that might be needed, another 10# won't be a big deal. The boat attaches with just 3 bungee cords and has passed a pretty hard shake test to see if it stays put. Once the ice recedes I'll give it a shake down on my road. The wheels are new and foam filled so their will be no flats and each wheel rolls on 2 ball bearings making it smooth and quiet.

It is 81 days until I can actually use it here on the tundra but that will go fast after what we have been through since November.

Eastside

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
You passed the test! Who makes the cart that you modified? Asking for a friend….

Islander

Life of the Party
Nice cart Ive. That should make things easy. I’m still going “light” and using my backpack straps, but it is limiting as to how much weight I want to lug in and how far I need to hike.